Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 03:50:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

APs "living adoption"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APs "living adoption"  (Read 2236 times)
joy
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 01:17:50 am »

Point well-taken, Solo!

I was not aiming to take a stand for one side or the other...just simply playing "devil's advocate".  I am one who likes to think from all different sides of the aisle and like to encourage others to do so as well.  I joined this forum because I am very much interested in learning more about the issues facing AA's and I look to all of you to help me in that endeavor.  I apologize if I offended anyone...just want to spark a discussion. 

I understand, I just get leery, and I will tell you exactly why, it is not because I don't care about adoptive parents and their issues, I do.

I care about people in a general way, I love my own adoptive parents in a very specific way, so much so that I am easily seduced into thinking that I am capable of healing them.

And when I get into thinking about them and their feelings, I tend to do so at the expense of my own.  And yes, Marsha is an adoptive mom, BUT not out of infertility, and I do think infertility, when you have grown up your whole life just wanting to be a wife and mommy has got to be incredibly painful.

I feel like I have infertility issues because I care so much about how my own mother feels.

But infertility is a separate issue from adoption.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum