Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 11:38:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

APs "living adoption"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APs "living adoption"  (Read 2239 times)
IrenesEqual

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 05:22:22 pm »

Joy, I agree with you!  And I was not writing my response as if the feelings were equal or should even be considered as such!  I just felt that simply writing "NO" in response to those feelings from the standpoint of the person who has adopted children was not truly seeing the whole picture. 

YES!  As you could see I didn't change the answer for any of the responses from the adopted child standpoint!  Because they are correct!  Quite valid and understandable (although I might not personally feel them all I do understand and accept that others might feel them).  BUT...whether we should have sympathy for AP's or not just because they made the choice, does not mean that we shouldn't acknowledge that they experience SIMILAR (not implying equal) emotions!  Not to start a whole new topic...but do we have little sympathy for the woman who's heart aches because she "CHOSE" to have an abortion and she now wishes she hadn't?  Do we look at her and say, "Well, that was your choice.  Get over it!  We don't want to hear how you feel!"?  I KNOW we don't, because we are caring individuals!  So, why not recognize that AP's might have similar emotions and need a little slack every once in awhile?  That was all I was trying to do with my response!

Thanks for listening!  And any other insight would be greatly appreciated (gee...I love a good debate) Roll Eyes!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum