Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 04:09:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

APs "living adoption"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APs "living adoption"  (Read 2185 times)
IrenesEqual

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 05:09:58 pm »

Good SoloZolo!  We couldn't have people changing names and responses left and right now, could we?  That would just be too confusing!

And, thanks for your response.

I just can't help but to feel that ultimately AP's really do believe that what they are doing is the right thing to do.  Whether to meet their own personal goals of having children, or not, they still believe that they are giving a home to a child who needs one.  I know...that's a naive comment but I'm really just trying to learn here.  I had a positive experience as an adoptee so find I all this anger towards adoption new and want to try and understand where it comes from.  Did society understand the ills of adoption even as recently as 10 years ago?  Or is much of this research new?  If so, then I know at least my AP's would have never even known the ill-effects of adoption on me or my adopted brother and were certainly doing what they thought was in our best interests (AND their own...kind of like killing 2 birds with 1 stone?).

I agree that now that there is more research out there PAP's should read it and truly know what they are getting themselves and their PAC into, and then make their decision accordingly.  But I have a real hard time holding AP's from years past accountable for information and research they never had!

Please understand where I am coming from and just try to help me out with understanding more about this issue.  Like I said, I am here to learn!  I might not be as angry or hurt or in as much pain as some of you, but hopefully my thoughts and feelings on the subject will be equally considered and respected.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum