Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 10:26:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mother's Day

Poll
Question: Do you plan on sending a mother's day card/something to your first mom?  (Voting closed: May 09, 2007, 02:54:31 pm)
Yes - 8 (72.7%)
No - 3 (27.3%)
Agonizing over question - 0 (0%)
I did once & it was bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 1227 times)
Justice

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 03:10:33 pm »

when I thought, gee, maybe I should look for a card I really didn't really want to do it. 

My first impulse is to say don't do it if you don't feel like it.  But then part of you does feel like it or you wouldn't have posed the question?

The part of me that likes to stir things up says DO IT.  It's a way of expanding the relationship, bring up something more.  It might be important to consider what you expect in return, if anything.

Ohhhhh.....  I'm glad your husband is so supportive.
Report Spam   Logged
Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:06 pm »

Justice, As always when it comes to my mother, I'm confused.  I'd LIKE to have a relationship and a part of me WANTS to stir things up as you say, exactly, and maybe push it to another level.  HOWEVER and it's a BIGGIE...I wonder how much I continue to idealize her because after EVERY encounter, I feel invisible.  Diminished.  Not healthy.  After a LOT of trying to analyze this, it's because she doesn't listen and rarely allows me to talk.  I'm told she's just that way.  I've tried "taking up more space" with her, but pushing back a bit and trying to contribute to the conversation, but she quickly interrupts or changes topics.  So I can have a relationship but I have to resign myself to it being one-sided with me (once again) playing the role of supporter/listener...a role I'm trying to shed in the rest of my life.  That's the conflict.  Sigh.   
Report Spam   Logged

AI!  Am I the ONLY Beaner?
Justice

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:03:34 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't sound like  relationship you would pursue, except for the mother/daughter angle huh? Azn

Ugh.

Take care of yourself and the ones that love you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum