Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 11:22:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hello!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2838 times)
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2007, 08:23:25 pm »

We are about 3 days old, so the feel is evolving, the mission statement should help.

We really want to be able to keep our politics out of here, as much as possible, if that is possible, aside from parity.  We want parity with our nonadopted peers to access to records pertaining to ourselves.

We want to have fun and not be all sob sistered and emo all the time, although sometimes nothing works but a melt-down, but that is certainly not who we are in total.

We don't want people chasing other people around the board saying you can't say that word, I am freaking out oh my god call the mods she/he said adopter/birthmother whatevah.

We want people to remember that some adoptees aren't in the same place they are, and not jump their **** for it, remember we are all changing, I am not in the same place I was last year either, and if you are stuck and always felt the same that can always change too.

Being adopted is a strange experience to say the least, and there is very little real support for the individuals living it, therapists don't know what to do with us, our friends don't know what to say, our parents don't know what to say.  Coming out of the fog is hard, we need to be gentle with members who are just coming down from it, we need to not discount the experience of members who feel that being adopted was the best thing that ever happened to them, maybe it was?  How do we know?

We want a place where we can share our own personal stories, get support, speak like adults, and not get accused of not being grateful enough, or what about me?Huh??? from the arents.

blow off steam, laugh, and talk to people who know because they have lived it too.

Our membership includes aparents and natural parents, we are adoptees many of us love all our parents and don't want to exclude them, but at the same time, THIS party is OURS  (the adoptees)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:39 pm »

Hiya Suz,
Great to see you here.
I love your blog!!!
Poss. xxx

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2007, 08:31:29 pm »

We are about 3 days old, so the feel is evolving, the mission statement should help.

We really want to be able to keep our politics out of here, as much as possible, if that is possible, aside from parity.  We want parity with our nonadopted peers to access to records pertaining to ourselves.

We want to have fun and not be all sob sistered and emo all the time, although sometimes nothing works but a melt-down, but that is certainly not who we are in total.

We don't want people chasing other people around the board saying you can't say that word, I am freaking out oh my god call the mods she/he said adopter/birthmother whatevah.

We want people to remember that some adoptees aren't in the same place they are, and not jump their **** for it, remember we are all changing, I am not in the same place I was last year either, and if you are stuck and always felt the same that can always change too.

Being adopted is a strange experience to say the least, and there is very little real support for the individuals living it, therapists don't know what to do with us, our friends don't know what to say, our parents don't know what to say.  Coming out of the fog is hard, we need to be gentle with members who are just coming down from it, we need to not discount the experience of members who feel that being adopted was the best thing that ever happened to them, maybe it was?  How do we know?

We want a place where we can share our own personal stories, get support, speak like adults, and not get accused of not being grateful enough, or what about me?Huh??? from the arents.

blow off steam, laugh, and talk to people who know because they have lived it too.

Our membership includes aparents and natural parents, we are adoptees many of us love all our parents and don't want to exclude them, but at the same time, THIS party is OURS  (the adoptees)

I like what you wrote Joy.
Especially about it being OUR party.
YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(I feel free in here)
Poss. xx
Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:21 pm »

yeah! what joy said!!!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

I am a stranger in a strange land.
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 07:08:17 pm »

No LDA, I live waaaaay on the other side of the country....

Just have an appreciation for that type of architecture...LOVE IT to death. There are a few of us on the forum that love arts & crafts design so I have lumped us all together as that being an adoptee trait...good taste....

missed the new posts on this thread...HELLOOOOO new members! 

Joy, rocking post.... I'd love that to be out where others can readily read it again...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum