Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 09:37:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hello!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2844 times)
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2007, 11:07:11 am »

OH MY GOD LITTLEBIT!!!!!!! AND GABBY MOGGY!!!!!! YOU GUYS THESE ARE MY REALLY GOOD FRIENDS, OLD SCHOOL FRIENDS WHO I ADORE!!!!!!!!! ITS ME KALI!!! HERE I AM!!!!

I took a break for a couple days,

i just posted this before i caught up on the threads...okay , catching up! 
Report Spam   Logged

I am a stranger in a strange land.
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2007, 11:15:12 am »

AND BUTTERFLYBYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHOOO HOOOO!!!!

Afro
Report Spam   Logged

littlebit

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:45 am »

Gabby!  Nice to see you!!!!   Roll Eyes

Kali!!!!!  Where have you been?  You invite people and than go play elsewhere!  LOL  Love ya' babe!   
Report Spam   Logged
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:26 am »

tee hee! sorry, i didn't actually  mean to, it just HAPPENED!! how in the heck are you? hows your dad?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

littlebit

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2007, 11:50:41 am »

tee hee! sorry, i didn't actually  mean to, it just HAPPENED!! how in the heck are you? hows your dad?  Smiley

I'm okay.  Dad is in "in home" hospice.  The cancer came back and his Oncologist took himself off Dad's care about three weeks ago telling Dad that there isn't anything else he can do for him.  Dad is taking it well - he is on some good pain medications as well as steroids so he is feeling up.  In fact, he tells everyone that he is cured, there is no more cancer and he is planning his trips with my Mother for this summer and next year. 

I've been back and forth between Michigan and Wisconsin for the last two months to care for both of them.  I swear my mother is attention seeking - I've taken to Cardiologists, Family Practice etc.  Just last week I took her in to have her gallbladder taken out.  I think Dad is getting too much attention for "dying" and she needs some of it.  She won't cry but she tells me she is heartbroken because the love of her life is dying.  When I tell her she should try to cry she says, "Why?  Jennifer - there is nothing to cry about - your father is going to a better place."

I give up.  I'm exhausted.  They live 200 miles away, I have a daughter, a husband, a farm and a job.  I need two of me!!!

By the way, did I mention my brother lives next door to them?  Yeah - the "real child".  He has certainly helped them quite a bit but good gravy I can't keep this up!

Sorry you asked I bet!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2007, 12:00:29 pm »

way to go brother  !!! i am so happy you're here!  Roll Eyes!! hey! I just saw a psychic sylvia book at target and thought of you  I'm sorry about your dad, it sounds like he's taking it good and in a good state of mind, so thats great! You being there for him is amazing littlebit!!! He's lucky to have you, and your moms lucky too!!! my goodness, how is it that through all the mental abuse, we some how hold our heads up and continue to be there for them? Shes lucky she DIDN'T send you back to social services like i was just reading she said. Then what would she do....

your dad will be on my heart! 
Report Spam   Logged

SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2007, 01:50:16 pm »

I'm okay.  Dad is in "in home" hospice.  The cancer came back and his Oncologist took himself off Dad's care about three weeks ago telling Dad that there isn't anything else he can do for him.  Dad is taking it well - he is on some good pain medications as well as steroids so he is feeling up.  In fact, he tells everyone that he is cured, there is no more cancer and he is planning his trips with my Mother for this summer and next year. 

I've been back and forth between Michigan and Wisconsin for the last two months to care for both of them.  I swear my mother is attention seeking - I've taken to Cardiologists, Family Practice etc.  Just last week I took her in to have her gallbladder taken out.  I think Dad is getting too much attention for "dying" and she needs some of it.  She won't cry but she tells me she is heartbroken because the love of her life is dying.  When I tell her she should try to cry she says, "Why?  Jennifer - there is nothing to cry about - your father is going to a better place."

I give up.  I'm exhausted.  They live 200 miles away, I have a daughter, a husband, a farm and a job.  I need two of me!!!

By the way, did I mention my brother lives next door to them?  Yeah - the "real child".  He has certainly helped them quite a bit but good gravy I can't keep this up!

Sorry you asked I bet!   Cheesy

I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles, Jennifer.  Don't forget to take care of YOU in all this!
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2007, 01:56:31 pm »

Hi everyone

Long time no see for a few here, I have been off being me...  Kiss

I'm an adoptee,
right handed... Tongue
born in August...  Tongue
and never had a siamese cat...  Tongue

though my sixth sense is pretty good...

Me and hubby have managed to stay childfree another year. We are looking forward to me loosing the hardest kilo I will ever loose this year  Shocked ...donating a kidney to my husband. 

I am in a unresponsive reunion with my family, so I am now just generally ignoring them, given up hope on my mother (keep ya stinkin secrets  Tongue) and my sister though she makes sure I have her contact details at all times (she moves more than I do) she is worse at keeping in touch than I am...and that is saying something!

Gabby

OMG GABBY!!!  I haven't "seen" you in years!  So glad you're here!!! 

Julie
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
issycat

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2007, 01:59:26 pm »

Hey guys!  Love this forum.  It seems to be all my favorite people from the blogosphere and more!
I'm wondering if there is a section on Celebrity Adoptions because really we need a place to mock those earnest do-gooders.  Don'tcha' think? I called Angelina Jolie a name changing, husband stealing, Womb Raider on Manuela's blog and that is just too good to not put somewhere here.
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2007, 02:22:21 pm »

I think Angelina's punishment should be that she has to give Brad to me. What do you think?  I'm always hearing some gossip about celebrity adoptions. If we dont have a board, we could at least start a thread about it!
Report Spam   Logged
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2007, 06:08:29 pm »

Hiya Ron,
I've seen your blog.
Welcome to our new bestest place in the world!!!!
Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
(I have 3 daughters - 4, 8, 11 - hee)
Poss. xx

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
ehbabes

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2007, 06:32:17 pm »

Hey. Suz here. I dont really frequent boards or forums much so forgive me if I dont post a lot.

I am a bit of a PR **** and use every chance I get to push my website for all who were soul raped by Kurtz network of agencies. Those agencies include Easter House, Birth Hope, Friends of Children, American Friends of Children and others.

More info can be found at ehbabes dot com or babybrokerwatch dot com.

Reunited with my daughter since 2005 but no F2F or phone calls. Just email and pictures now and then. (Her choice)

I cannot change the past but I do all I can to put it at rest and stop it from happening to others. I personally am for family preservation, pro choice (frankly, abortion over adoption), and if adoption EVER has to be it should be with open records, no name changing, in the interest of finding famlies for children and not babies for infertiles. Our children are not commodities to be bought and sold to the highest bidder. They are not objects or gifts and they do not replace the children you could not have on your own.

I adoption blog at writingmywrongs.typepad.com

peace out.

Report Spam   Logged

====================================
If the system, the agency, the law won't help us, we will help ourselves.
Elizabethparis

Abortion is a beautiful choice

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2007, 06:48:54 pm »

Thank you ladies for the welcome! I'm really touched Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde
joy
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2007, 07:29:44 pm »

Heya Suz, Happy G'ma and nice to meet you Ron

We made a section for LDA's I hope it is useful  right now kinda vacant though...
Report Spam   Logged
joy
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »

We are about 3 days old, so the feel is evolving, the mission statement should help.

We really want to be able to keep our politics out of here, as much as possible, if that is possible, aside from parity.  We want parity with our nonadopted peers to access to records pertaining to ourselves.

We want to have fun and not be all sob sistered and emo all the time, although sometimes nothing works but a melt-down, but that is certainly not who we are in total.

We don't want people chasing other people around the board saying you can't say that word, I am freaking out oh my god call the mods she/he said adopter/birthmother whatevah.

We want people to remember that some adoptees aren't in the same place they are, and not jump their **** for it, remember we are all changing, I am not in the same place I was last year either, and if you are stuck and always felt the same that can always change too.

Being adopted is a strange experience to say the least, and there is very little real support for the individuals living it, therapists don't know what to do with us, our friends don't know what to say, our parents don't know what to say.  Coming out of the fog is hard, we need to be gentle with members who are just coming down from it, we need to not discount the experience of members who feel that being adopted was the best thing that ever happened to them, maybe it was?  How do we know?

We want a place where we can share our own personal stories, get support, speak like adults, and not get accused of not being grateful enough, or what about me?Huh??? from the arents.

blow off steam, laugh, and talk to people who know because they have lived it too.

Our membership includes aparents and natural parents, we are adoptees many of us love all our parents and don't want to exclude them, but at the same time, THIS party is OURS  (the adoptees)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum