Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 08:21:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

how many times,,?????/

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how many times,,?????/  (Read 480 times)
Andi
not the other Andie
Privileged

« on: May 06, 2007, 12:29:11 am »

ok is it just me ,, I just noticed Joy mention in another thread about someone aproaching her in a library and telling her she looked like someone he knew,,

that happens to me all the time

I used to just say really people say that all the time to me,.,

Now this used to perplex me,, but I never knew why,, dumbass adoptee, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you damn idiot your adopted,, **** head,,, you have never laid eyes on another living breathing blood flowing human being related to you that is why it is perplexing,,

huhhhhh

I swear sometimes I wonder if I am not the scare crow, if only i had a brain,,

ok I have laid eyes on some of my bfamily and was that a huge moment of eye opening experience,,

But it happens all the time,., everywhere I go,,

am I the only one this happen to or am I just noticing it,,

No I do not notice this it happens more then it does to the average person,,

it has to, I think i have bad luck, I know I have bad luck,

but Joy mentioned this TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What about YOUOOUOUOUOUOUO!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:03:48 am »

I remember this happened to me once when I was attending the community college in our town.  Some guy came up to me and just swore he knew me, would not leave me alone.  Well come to find out a few days later from my DH (then still bf) that he and his buds went to the local strip joint and there was a dancer there who looked JUST like me.  Guess I know why that other guy was so obsessed.
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
Andi
not the other Andie
Privileged

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 12:32:22 am »

Hmm , Lillie men wouldn't ya know it,,  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:29:29 am »

That only happens to me back in L.A. where my birth family lives. 

No surprise.  I look like my mother and half-sister.  Was raised within 1.5 miles of them.  We went to the same grocery stores. 

It ALWAYS freaked me out. 

I've asked my non-adopted friends if this ever happens to them and they've said no. 

I still feel like I have no idea of what I REALLY look like, although I think that's improved since reunion.  Don't look anything like my a-family so when I saw my mother, I was very upset.  I thought she was very weird looking.  Kinda nasty.  Now that a year has passed I realize how much I lacked a "map" to that particular set of features...even though they were mine, too...because I'd oriented myself to the features of my a-family.  VERY strange experience. 

Report Spam   Logged

AI!  Am I the ONLY Beaner?
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:36:42 am »

This has happened to me more times than I can count. I ALWAYS look like someone's cousin.  I think I must have a very common look, I don't know. But it did definitely freak me out because i do have NUMEROUS cousins in this area- I have over 30 maternal first cousins....half of those within an hour radius.
Report Spam   Logged
gabbymoggy

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:39:51 pm »

Crazily I don't have people tell me I look like someone...I have had two occasions where people have had some very strange conversations with me.

When I worked in a fish and chip shop, someone came in and said 'so you work here as well' etc I just was blank...couldnt recall talking to them before (but knew they came in sometimes).

Then when I was at a local prtrol station late one night, the young guy atetndant said 'I promise I won't tell anyone you were here'. I eventually found out that there was a girl who apparently looked a lot like me who worked at a competitors petrol station down the road (around the corner from the fish and chip shop)

...but it was really confusing at times. I even went in there a few times, but the people at the counter didnt say anything (though maybe they thought their employee was just being rude!)
Report Spam   Logged
Orchidsnowfairy

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:08:45 pm »

Oh this has happened to me sooo many times!!  And it always caused this like jumpy butterfly feeling inside me. 
At my very first job, when I was 16 years old (and hating my afamily) on the first day the day manager told me I looked JUST like the night manager.
"You look so much like her, she could be your mother!"  I must have had a dumb look on my face because she asked me what was wrong.  I brushed it off of course but soon found myself trying to stay late from work to get a glimpse of her.  All I kept thinking was OMG OMG what if she is?!
I worked with her the week after I started, and she did look like me, but not as much as I thought and it didn't take long before I realized the ages were off and other such things.  But I will never forget that feeling. 
I was also told at another job by a co worker that she worked out with someone who looked like me.  It drove me nuts... I wanted to know so bad!!  Its just such a weird feeling to not have a clue. 
Report Spam   Logged

This is my december, these are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending, this is all I need

And I'd Give it all away, just to have someone to talk to
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum