Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 02:56:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!  (Read 1576 times)
Melinda

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 08:09:55 am »

BEING ADOPTED IS LIKE LIVING UNDER A DICTATORSHIP.....POWER TO ADOPTEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 02:11:59 pm »

Amum told me all the time she loved me, but I never felt love.

SARAH...You managed to describe that really upsetting disconnect in some of our lives.  That we are TOLD we are loved...but the behavior contradicts the pronouncement.  The behavior is that of possessiveness.  It's not the same and you knew it.  Felt it. 

MICHELLE...I'm coming late to your wonderful post.  It sometimes take me a bit to work my way through the sections.  Anyway, I'm so glad you wrote it and got so much out of the responses.  Posted something about jealous A-moms in Crazy A-parents and found lots of answers to my question in your post here and the replies to it. 
Report Spam   Logged

AI!  Am I the ONLY Beaner?
Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:54 pm »

That blows me away, actually, people want their own children, can't have them, so they adopt, then disregrard that child's need for her/his bio connections. DUH!

One of the things I really like about this forum are the insights such as this that cut through all the bullshit. 
Report Spam   Logged

Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 02:26:43 pm »

I got the young girl that couldn't take care of me thing, my first Mom was 38 when I was born.  They knew that.

ADDIE!!!  WHOA!  You are the only person who has an older first mom like me.  No kidding.  Can you tell me if you blogged about it?  It does make a big difference.  My mother was not young and coerced.  She made her decision AGAINST family pressure to keep me.  She's said this repeatedly.  It's the truth, but to be honest, it's not something I enjoy hearing.   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum