Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 07:42:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!  (Read 1577 times)
HeatherUK

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:44 pm »

I can't tell you how much reading your posts validates my long supressed feelings.  I wish I was able to verbalize as well as you guys, but I identify, identify, identify

As a child I had so many questions, and never brave enough to ask.  When I did occasionally mention it I was told "we wanted a girl" (they had two boys of their own already) and they said that "babies don't remember their mothers"  My parents had no information whatsoever about my natural parents so anything I was told was pure speculation.  The fantasies that went on in my head! God, they could have so easily been prevented by having information and openness

I love my amum and she knows I'm searching.  She's having a hard time accepting and understanding the pain I've been through, but she's trying and I know she feels very guilty now that she knows my real mother's situation at the time of my birth (from my non-id)  I love her because she's mentally balanced and not threatened - it would be so much harder if she gave me the guilt trip about searching - there seem to be so many phycho adopters out there, I think I got off lightly!  Mine were just well meaning but clueless.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum