Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 12:15:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!  (Read 1618 times)
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 12:16:43 pm »

amom: They are married but to poor to take care of a child, she is studying to be a nurse and your father likes to swim. WE ARE YOUR PARENTS NOW, THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO TALK ABOUT.
It looks as if you amother actually wanted to delude herself into thinking that she did not adopt one of those (hushed tones) *bastard children* ? Or is that the story they gave to everyone?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. I imagine it was to shield me from being a bastard - but hey - wasn't adoption supposed to take care of that anyway? I do know the agency lied to my first mom about my aparents - they told her my father was a doctor and a prominent member of his community and mother was a stay at home mom. Total lies. My mother was a cashier at a grocery store and my father worked for public television. So they could have lied to my aparents - but the thing is - my non-id does state that my father liked to swim and my mother was a nurse - so hmmmmmmmm.

But being told my parents were married was so confusing for me - if they were married why didn't they keep me - plenty of children came from poor families. And then I used to worry about how poor they must have been to have to give me up. I literally had visions of them living in a one room shack and not having enough to eat.

I have to be honest and say it was almost somewhat of a relief when I found out they weren't married. It made it a little more understandable for me.
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum