Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 01:28:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!  (Read 1623 times)
Michelle
Hostess with the Mostest
Privileged

« on: May 05, 2007, 09:08:31 am »

They need to make some kind of way to share important information, pictures, letters, gifts and then when both parties are ready, the actual reunion. 
I think all adoptee's should AT LEAST know their natural mothers first name, have a picture of her, have important family information, and information on the likes, dislikes and personalities of their natural family.  I think it should be updated through letters to each other.  Whether the actual addresses are known or its through a middleman of some sort.  I think the adoptees should be able to write and recieve letters directly from their natural mother/ siblings/ father again whether the actual address is known or through a middleman of some sort. 

Why is a middleperson required....if the adoptee knows her/his mother's name and there is an address - why can't they spend time together? I am talking about having a mother/child relationship - not snippets of information here and there or six month updates with pics and letters to feel some sense of genetic connectedness - this is a tease - dangling the carrot - I mean mother and child together, in person. This is why adoption marketed as way to create a family is messed up....children have a family, that family is very alive for the child....it's because adoption means ownership of a child, a replacement for a bio child. This is wrong. No child should have to fill a void for someone else. Where one void is filled, how many new ones are created?

Why on earth would a child be denied contact with their mother, father and people? How could adopters do this to a child?

And if a mother "steals" back her child, it's probably because her child was stolen from her, first, by the abduction agency and adopters using the most frightening, unscrupulous tactics imaginable.
Report Spam   Logged

Adoption is testimony to what the human psyche can endure...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum