Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 01:26:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adopted children need to know their mothers...NOW!  (Read 1622 times)
Orchidsnowfairy

« on: May 05, 2007, 08:32:37 am »

Closed adoptions should absolutly not be allowed.  I am in TOTAL agreeance on that one. 
However, sometimes things just get screwed up, adoptees want to go off and live with their biological parents at say... 12 or so... bparents want to steal back their given up children.  It happens.  Not that I am saying this is such a BAD thing, after all, I think living with your natural family is so much better than living with your unnatural family, sometimes its just not the right situation.  (not in all cases, some)
I think closed adoptions should be absolutly out of the question!!!
They need to make some kind of way to share important information, pictures, letters, gifts and then when both parties are ready, the actual reunion. 
I think all adoptee's should AT LEAST know their natural mothers first name, have a picture of her, have important family information, and information on the likes, dislikes and personalities of their natural family.  I think it should be updated through letters to each other.  Whether the actual addresses are known or its through a middleman of some sort.  I think the adoptees should be able to write and recieve letters directly from their natural mother/ siblings/ father again whether the actual address is known or through a middleman of some sort. 
I also believe this would help adoptive parents, because they also could be in contact, and when their adopted child is driving them nuts because, for example, they wont ever wear shoes.  The natural mother can say, oh yeah I never wear shoes either. 
Maybe everyone would be happier.
Just my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

This is my december, these are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending, this is all I need

And I'd Give it all away, just to have someone to talk to

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum