Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 04:06:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 5/3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 5/3  (Read 1733 times)
Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« on: May 03, 2007, 11:40:09 am »

What do your screen name and avatar mean to you?

Why did you choose them?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:40:47 am »

Mines just one of the standard ones that was here but this is a good topic because I have been wondering about YOUR avatar addie!
Report Spam   Logged
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 11:51:08 am »

I didn't feel my SofA avatar was appropriate here so I just chose a funky looking general one. My name is marsha so, you know, pretty self explanatory.
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »

I usually choose Julie as my screen name 'cause I don't need to hide.  But I got all freaked out and paranoid about all the **** going on "elsewhere," so I chose a different name this time.  I used my MySpace name which would have been just "Zolo" but that was taken so I modified it.  I love Zolo (http://www.zolo.com/), and I have a set that I play with all the time.

As for my avatar... I keep changing it.  I think it's a side effect of the Borderline Personality Disorder I got from never attaching as an infant.    The one I am using now is Bill the Cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_the_Cat) from Bloom County who I relate to for some reason...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:49 pm »

What do your screen name and avatar mean to you?

Why did you choose them?

Funny you should ask... I think it's because I discovered my first family was a tribe of lycanthropes...

*in AP voice*

"Well then, you are just lucky to be raised by nice people then.  I suppose you were relinquished during the full moon."
Report Spam   Logged
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:16 pm »

My avatar is just something I thought was amusing.  A bunch of Mr. T heads for the T-mobile.  I change mine a lot too; usually just funny stuff or something to match my mood (which is usally pretty pissy and sarcastic).

My screen name is actually the name of my (a) great-grandma.  Gramma Lillie was an incredible lady; tough as nails and went through a lot of crap in her lifetime.  Her family came over on a 22 day boat ride from Germany in 1880; she lived on her farm until she was 99 years old and only went to the rest home then because a bout with pneumonia made her pretty weak.  She lived to be 101 before she finally died.  She outlived half of her kids and her husband died at 50, so she ran that farm on her own (with the help of her sons) until she left.  

So I like borrowing her name because it just reminds me to be strong and face whatever crap comes my way.  And if I am lucky enough to live to be 101 like she did, I'm going to march in to that county office on my 99th birthday (here in MN records are sealed for 99 years) and say, "Now, give me my **** birth certificate you assholes."  

I am going to get the last laugh.

Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:02:59 pm »

And if I am lucky enough to live to be 101 like she did, I'm going to march in to that county office on my 99th birthday (here in MN records are sealed for 99 years) and say, "Now, give me my **** birth certificate you assholes."  

Oh I'll be looking down at you and cheering you on!

My a-great-aunt - lived to be 104. She said it was all downhill after 100.
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:04:41 pm »

Dory is a nickname for the name I was given at birth. My avatar is my furbaby - erm - I mean Dog Daughter - cough cough - my stinky pet dog Polly.

Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
gabbymoggy

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:29:32 pm »

Hmm I have had so many names over my life...Gabby obviously is one...and my family name from my brothers is Moggy Mo...hence the moggy part. Avatar...well love cats and love really gothic stuff...so it was a match.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandy
First Mom

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 05:43:01 pm »

My avatar is me and my boy, the second time we met.  My screen name is the obvious.  Me, Sandy.   
Report Spam   Logged
Orchidsnowfairy

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 06:25:16 pm »

My Screen name is just a big mish mash of the things I love in life.  Orchids, snow and fairies.... I just kinda liked how they go together and its different.  I like to be different.
My Avatar is just a cool time lapse picture of the stars taken somewhere snowy... one of my other loves in life is the stars, so hence it became my avatar.
Report Spam   Logged

This is my december, these are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending, this is all I need

And I'd Give it all away, just to have someone to talk to
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:45 am »

My newly found bio sister (adopted out 5 years before me) started calling me Possum soon after I found her in April 2006.
Now she always calls me Possum in emails and texts!!!! ( )
Avatar - when I signed up here - I tried to upload my normal avatar - which is a pic of me when I was 4-ish - but it wouldn't load - so I looked through the random ones available here - and found this one.  It kind of is me - blonde, smiley & rather insane!!!! (& a little in your face!!!!  )

Good question Addie!!
Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
angel

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 11:13:13 pm »

What can I say, I am completely pure and angelic!!! hardy har har!!       

I'm one of those people who use names like that all the time, darl, gorgeous, beautiful, angel, honey, sweetie, etc... it was just a lucky day for angel!

I found a picture of an angel on this site, so that's why that's there!  All very exciting, I know!   
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
lhjh4

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:01 am »

My screen name is just my and DD initials and the number 4 because of the month of her birth.  My avatar reflects my strange and morbid look at everything around me.
Report Spam   Logged
Justice

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 03:36:13 pm »

Justice because I am doing myself justice here.  The spiral cuz I go round and round, hopefully ever upward.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum