Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 07:34:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 5/3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 5/3  (Read 1756 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:16 pm »

My avatar is just something I thought was amusing.  A bunch of Mr. T heads for the T-mobile.  I change mine a lot too; usually just funny stuff or something to match my mood (which is usally pretty pissy and sarcastic).

My screen name is actually the name of my (a) great-grandma.  Gramma Lillie was an incredible lady; tough as nails and went through a lot of crap in her lifetime.  Her family came over on a 22 day boat ride from Germany in 1880; she lived on her farm until she was 99 years old and only went to the rest home then because a bout with pneumonia made her pretty weak.  She lived to be 101 before she finally died.  She outlived half of her kids and her husband died at 50, so she ran that farm on her own (with the help of her sons) until she left.  

So I like borrowing her name because it just reminds me to be strong and face whatever crap comes my way.  And if I am lucky enough to live to be 101 like she did, I'm going to march in to that county office on my 99th birthday (here in MN records are sealed for 99 years) and say, "Now, give me my **** birth certificate you assholes."  

I am going to get the last laugh.

Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum