Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 20, 2024, 02:38:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Need Support

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Support  (Read 670 times)
happygmom

Supported my daughter's desire to parent her son

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 07:27:41 pm »

Thank you all for your kind words!  I just came from T's home where she is surrounded by family and friends.  I got to meet her parents and tell them how their daughter helped me with my daughter.  They just glowed with pride.  And bless their hearts, they immediately asked how MY daughter was doing!  T is doing much better than yesterday.  She got to be alone with her son yesterday to start to say goodbye.

While I was there FEDEX delivered the initial medical examiners report.  The final tests will not be available for 90 days.  The only people who seem interested in the tests are the news reporters anyway.

MindyRambo - your words are very moving.  I have saved them and will share them with T when she gets past denial and wants to know "why".  They are beautiful and powerful.

Happy G'Ma

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:55:13 pm by happygmom » Report Spam   Logged
HeatherUK

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:23 am »

This is one of the saddest things I've heard in a long time.  Please pass on hugs to the mother.  I don't know what else to say, just sorry. 

Big hugs to you
Report Spam   Logged
MindyRambo
Prospective Adoptive Mommy

United We Stand

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 06:08:12 am »

I'm so happy she's surrounded by family and friends, that's about as good as it gets when something so tragic happens...

happygmom I'm flattered you think that Smiley  It was actually something that I came up with to make myself feel better, so it was kind of selfish, but I completely believe it to be true, and see no other reason why only the good die young :(
Report Spam   Logged
happygmom

Supported my daughter's desire to parent her son

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 07:50:30 pm »

Dearest MindyRambo and Compassionate Friends,

"T"'s local newspaper ran an article about the death of her son.  Guess what?  It published positive comments about "T" and her devotion to her sons.  Imagine - her being AA and single!!  Okay, that was a vent.  Seriously ...

I went to see "T" today after work and took her our sympathy cards and donations.  We cried more tears.  A wise friend told me that she will never get over the loss of her son but, because she is a strong woman, she will learn how to cope.  With the love and support of those who love her, she will learn to cope with daily life.

So - I am left wondering how those who experience loss in adoption manage to cope at all???  They do not get sympathy cards or donations,  they do not have the loving support of friends, they cannot legally claim their identity - JJEEZZZ - they do not even get acknowledgement of the need to cope.  Heavy sigh.

It's been a brutal week - but I remain a Happy G'Ma
Report Spam   Logged
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 08:12:40 pm »

So - I am left wondering how those who experience loss in adoption manage to cope at all???  They do not get sympathy cards or donations,  they do not have the loving support of friends, they cannot legally claim their identity - JJEEZZZ - they do not even get acknowledgement of the need to cope.  Heavy sigh.

EXACTLY Happy G'ma - this is exactly what so many people just don't get.
Being unable to grieve because society deem it unacceptable for adoption circumstances.
So wrong.
Thanks for the update of your dear friend.
She is very lucky to have such a kind friend as you in her life.
She's in my thoughts.
Poss. xx

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum