Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 08:52:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Stuff I Miss

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuff I Miss  (Read 852 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: May 01, 2007, 06:26:59 pm »

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today.  I miss the 80's.  I miss the music.  Like, INXS.  Too bad he took his life. 

I miss big hair and pinned pants and cruising the strip with my gf's, all strung out on Mt. Dew and Hostess cupcakes.  I miss metal bands and rock concerts, requesting a song on the radio just so I can record it on my cassette tape and play it over and over and over and over.

I miss fighting with my brothers and always getting the last laugh when mom & dad came home from work and I could blame everything on them and get away with it.  I miss being my mom's little girl.

I miss high school, goofing off in class and getting the giggles and trying SO HARD to hold it in because you're going to get your ass chewed if you start to laugh and disrupt the class.  I miss passing notes.  I miss cheating on the math tests when our narcoleptic teacher would nod off.  I miss stealing **** out of the locker of the class **** and sticking it in someone else's locker.  I miss those old metal lockers with the contact paper, the tear-outs from Teen Beat ~ ahhh I miss those boy stars I had such a crush on.

I miss Luv's Baby Soft.  And slumber parties and pizza and scary movies with my girlfriends.  I miss freaking each other out and getting so scared but at the same time having the time of my LIFE while doing it.  I miss my old high school friends.

I miss my first kiss.  I miss being able to flirt with any boy because I was **** HOT and could get away with it.  I miss stealing my DH away from his girlfriend and sleeping with him in HER bed while she slept on the floor and messing around with him all night.  I miss those bitchy girl fights and acting cocky and feeling like I was Queen **** of the Universe. 

Just reminiscing...   
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 07:50:41 pm »

I miss having the energy and lack of responsibilities to stay up all night Saturday night, go out to breakfast Sunday morning, and then go to bed around 3:00 Sunday afternoon.

During the first half of the 80's though I was so insane, it wasn't even funny.

But I did have great clothes.
Report Spam   Logged

One cat leads to another.
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:25:41 pm »

What's a Love's Baby Soft? 
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:37:12 pm »

Sometimes I miss being young and thin and carefree enough to wear anything I want. I miss having the energy I used to have to go out and stay out late. I miss the feeling of excitement I used to have when going to see a band. Now I'm just old and tired and jaded and don't give a **** anymore.

But overall I am pretty darn happy - and the reason I don't have any energy is because I'm a mom and I wouldn't trade that for all the late nights in the world.

Oh, and I miss my happy hours - complete with whiskey and smokes - but I'll get those back someday - I swear I will 
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:46:53 pm »

I miss passing notes. 
MEEEE TOOOOOO.....
But being here with you guys reminds me of passing notes in a big way... Kiss  

I miss the locker room...I am thankful enough to still have close to me my 4 best friends from high school - we get together once every month or two...we are what I think sisters are like (I don't have any that I grew with) in that we grow, men come in and out of our lives, we do stupid ****, we stray, but we come back and still know each other on practically a cellular level. I'm blessed to still have these fabulous women to lean on and love and laugh...funny how you fall right back into highschool mode...the one we picked on is STILL the one we pick on....the goof is STILL the goof...as is the quiet one, and the competitive blondes...ahem...that would be me and one other...

I loved your memory lane walk lillie...and dory, I'm with you, I really love how my life is now with my kids and family...being 117 lbs again wouldn't kill me tho, but that's OK, my daughter says I'm squishy in all the right places when we cuddle...
Report Spam   Logged
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:57:12 pm »

It does, doesn't it? It's major inner child fun, and no one is going to catch you and make you read it in front of the classroom

I love that you're still in contact with old friends. We moved so much I never got really close with people, although honestly even if we didn't move, I probably wouldn't have gotten close anyway.

Oh, and Love's Baby Soft is a noxious perfume that you spray gallons on before you go home and think covers up the smell that you were smoking.
Report Spam   Logged

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:00:54 pm »

Oh, and Love's Baby Soft is a noxious perfume that you spray gallons on before you go home and think covers up the smell that you were smoking.
OH YEAH! I forgot about that!! I think my friends' older sisters had that. Not that I'm dating any of you or anything....
Report Spam   Logged
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:51 pm »

OH YEAH! I forgot about that!! I think my friends' older sisters had that. Not that I'm dating any of you or anything....

I can take a hint
Report Spam   Logged

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:12:55 pm »

Quote from: Theresa link=topic=259.msg3351#msg3351
I can take a hint [IMG
You old crazy bastard!! 
Report Spam   Logged
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 12:00:13 am »

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today.  I miss the 80's.  I miss the music.  Like, INXS.  Too bad he took his life. 

Oh - YES YES YES. The music SO rocked.      (RIP Michael Hutchence)

I miss passing notes. 
MEEEE TOOOOOO.....

Yep - totally agree.   Kiss   Grin

Thanks for the memories guys!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:15 am »

oh... sorry... what were we talking about??
Report Spam   Logged

lhjh4

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 11:41:21 am »

I miss alot of the movies

Breakfast Club
16 Candles
St. Elmo's Fire
Pretty in Pink
Report Spam   Logged
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:46 am »

oh... sorry... what were we talking about??

Down, boy.....   
Report Spam   Logged

-Tonic
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 12:01:40 pm »

Wowza!! 
Report Spam   Logged

-Tonic
Coco

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 12:11:17 pm »

I miss big hair and pinned pants and cruising the strip with my gf's, all strung out on Mt. Dew and Hostess cupcakes.

Hey Lillie...did we go to the same High School?  This was so totally me and my crew, too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum