Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 06:36:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

God and adoption

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God and adoption  (Read 972 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 30, 2007, 09:47:46 pm »

What do you think when you hear AP's/PAP's justify their adoption by saying "It's what God wants for us" or some similar line of reasoning?

I mean, if they are infertile, why isn't that a "sign" from God?  As in, perhaps you shouldn't be raising children, then? 

Or when the nmother changes her mind, why do they not seem to see the hand of God in that? 

God is just a handy excuse for getting what they want, IMHO.  If things dont' go their way, then it's everybody else's fault...heaven forbid that God not deliver on their every desire.   Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

angel

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:02:07 pm »

Im not a religious person.  However I am a very spiritual person.

I mean, if they are infertile, why isn't that a "sign" from God?  As in, perhaps you shouldn't be raising children, then? 
My a-mum wasn't able to have any children.  She adopted four children.  If its a sign from a god, then its a bloody stupid one.  My mum was awesome.  She was meant to be a mother and she was damn good at it.    mum!  I wouldn't say adoption or infertility is about what god wanted, or didn't want for my mother.  I believe in making choices for your life and your choices ultimately decide your destiny.  I also don't believe that my mother dying of an illness seven years ago was 'gods' choice.  It was **** horrible, that's what it was and is.    Lips Sealed

I mean, if people try and justify things that way.. then would it mean that people who have car accidents shouldn't drive cars?  People who can't get a job shouldn't work.  People who can't afford to eat, should starve?  It makes no sense to me. 
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
issycat

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:23:28 pm »

Yeah, my kid was born with some special needs.
One of my kooky acquaintances sent me a three page email saying how my infant's open wounds and missing hand were the work of God and how I needed to pray to Jesus for help.
 Tongue 
WTF?

I will have no part of a God who hurts infants in utero, causes infertility and provides adoptions to those who think they deserve a baby.
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:29:27 pm »

Yanno, if I want to get laid, how come God doesn't help ME?  Why is it just my tough luck that I am not getting laid? ? ?   Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:27 pm »

Jesus loves you, Julie.

Maybe you and Son of God can get it on. 
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:10 pm »

Jesus loves you, Julie.

Maybe you and Son of God can get it on. 

I don't know, Sarah.  I'm part Arab and, last I heard from Geedubya, Jesus hates Arabs. 
Report Spam   Logged

Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 05:44:13 am »

Yeah - I LOVE it when those (named like flowers) like to sprout how wonderful being adopted is - and sprout how wonderful and Christian she is - then she does the most God-awful nasty nasty things to other adoptees and first mums because they're just too damn cranky and not God fearing enough.   

God that shits me.    Angry

SUCH A LOAD OF  Huh? I SAY.

Here endeth the lesson for today.   Grin

(my step father was an Anglican minister - and he was one of the evilest humans I knew - but I really won't go there)

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:07:29 am »

God is the ultimate scapegoat - such an easy excuse for everything.

What I don't get is if god meant for someone to adopt then doesn't that mean that god made a mistake when he allowed the nmom to get pregnant? I thought god doesn't make mistakes.

So I guess their answer to that would be that god got nmom pregnant in order to give that child to them - blech. Still sounds like a mistake to me.

And like god has nothing better to do then to sit up there pointing his finger saying okay, you're allowed to get pregnant, you're not, you can but you can't keep the child, oh, and you, you're going to beat your kid until the state steps in and takes him away. And he does this with how many kids each year? Maybe that's why we're still at war - cause god is to busy juggling children.

Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 08:17:29 am »

And then there's the whole Moses was adopted.  Which is totally false, especially when compared with adoption as it is today.
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
SoloZolo

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 10:08:05 am »

Maybe that's why we're still at war - cause god is to busy juggling children.

OMG OMG OMG Dory - I do believe you've had an epiphany!!!! 
Report Spam   Logged

MindyRambo
Prospective Adoptive Mommy

United We Stand

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 11:10:27 am »

Nothing makes me more angry then someone who spews hate, and bullshit in the name of God.  They always seem the 1st to judge too, u know?  Interesting that is...
Report Spam   Logged
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:02 am »

my reply is...

did god want me to suffer then? god wanted me to lose my mother? he wanted my mother to have a lifetime of pain from losing me? he wanted me to feel lost my whole life? all because he wanted to give an infertile couple a baby? yeah OOOOk.

I personally hate when people use God to justify ANYTHING. Maybe because my mom puts God as the reason SHE surrendered!! that pisses me off just as much.
Report Spam   Logged

I am a stranger in a strange land.
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 01:06:50 pm »

What do you think when you hear AP's/PAP's justify their adoption by saying "It's what God wants for us" or some similar line of reasoning?

Or when the nmother changes her mind, why do they not seem to see the hand of God in that? 

God is just a handy excuse for getting what they want, IMHO.  If things dont' go their way, then it's everybody else's fault...heaven forbid that God not deliver on their every desire.   Huh?

If they get what they want, it's the blessing of God

If something bad happens to them, then it was Satan's doing.

What ever happened to random crap happens in life. Sometimes good, sometimes bad?
Report Spam   Logged

One cat leads to another.
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 04:21:43 pm »

wait, hold up a sec...so what you're trying to say is that God didn't make the one child policy in China and cause millions of mothers and fathers and children suffer horribly and in many cases die just so I could get my two kids? I thought I was that special 'sniff
Report Spam   Logged
Coco

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 05:06:45 pm »

It's funny the things people ascribe to the hand of God.

One of the things that's struck me recently is how desperately random most events really are. Good, bad, indifferent.

Why, if they're all in God's hands, are so many adoption stories not that happy for at least 1/3 of the parties involved? How can God really show his love for one person by making another person suffer? What would make that type of God even remotely appealing?

If that is how things work, then I'm going to become a Druid tomorrow, because that SUCKS.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum