Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 04:55:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOT 4/30

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOT 4/30  (Read 1017 times)
Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« on: April 30, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »

Ever rip the tag off a mattress?

Seriously, how do you sleep?

Insist on a certain type of sheets?
Certain type of mattress?
On the floor?
Pillow preferences?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 02:17:33 pm »

I have to be on the left side of the bed, laying on my side (usually my left) with a pillow betwixt my knees.  I love it when my sheets & blankets have been dried outside on the line, but when it's too cold for that I dump extra softener in.  And it has to be cool in the bedroom; I cannot stand being hot when I sleep!
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 02:22:36 pm »

Well you know me - first thing I did was rip the tag off my mattress.  LOL

I prefer sheets that are a MINIMUM of 300-count, and washed lots & lots of times.  They feel WONDERFUL after many, many washings.  I sleep in the middle of my bed - cat adjusted, owning all other square inches around me.  I am desperately in need of a new mattress - have had my cheap one for 10 years.  Can't decide which way to go.  Hate soft, prefer firm but not too TOO firm.  A good fluffy mattress pad is great on a firm mattress.  Pillows have changed for me.  Liked good, well-stuffed down pillows, but had a neck problem that won't go away - seems to be better with the cheesy foam pillows I use for decoration (inside the shams).  Ugh! 

Let's see.... I sleep with a comforter over the sheet - gets kicked off, pulled up, kicked off, pulled up. lol  It is a stitched organza - love the feel and can fall sleep in a second right on top of it when I make the mistake of lying down there "just for a minute."

I can also fall asleep very easily on my sofa - thick pebbled leather with foam stuffed cushions.  And I love love love my chenille throw pillows - maybe better than any other pillows.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
SoloZolo

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:23:37 pm »

And it has to be cool in the bedroom; I cannot stand being hot when I sleep!

Oh yeah me too.  Bedroom MUST be cool!!
Report Spam   Logged

Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 02:41:21 pm »

I'm a linen ****, all household linens.  I hoard them, it's my thing.

All my sheets and bedding are white.  They must be white.  Cotton or linen.
We have a regular size bed, so I've been able to buy many very nice old sheet sets at estate sales very inexpensively.  Did I mention I'm a linen hoader?

I too love sheets dried out on the line.  All crispy and sunny smelling. 

I have been known to iron my sheets and pillowcases.  It's my thing.

I had a really old cheap mattress for years, it was hell.  I finally just replaced it with one of those Swedish foam mattresses. My husband made me jump up and down on it with the wineglass sitting there.  I can't rave enough about this thing.  It's like a different world, really.  I love it. The only big problem is you sink down into them, so do cats.  They are almost impossible to move.  If they pull the passive resistance thing, you don't have a chance.  So I sleep where the cats aren't.
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 02:51:22 pm »

I had a really old cheap mattress for years, it was hell.  I finally just replaced it with one of those Swedish foam mattresses. My husband made me jump up and down on it with the wineglass sitting there.

So did the wineglass move? I've been contemplating getting one of these. We had a crap mattress for years too and last year I bought one of those expensive pillowtop mattresses and I hate it. Spent $1,200 on it and I get horrible pains in my hips if I sleep on my side - never got that with my crappy $200 mattress that we had for 10 years! I'm so disappointed in it. I'm more comfortable on our sofa.

Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 02:55:36 pm »

Of course I've ripped the tag off.

Don't sleep well at all. I've always been a horrible sleeper - between just being a light sleeper (I wake up if the cat rolls over) and insomnia I'm surprised I ever feel rested. And now, well, I'm so uncomfortably pregnant that I barely get any sleep - guess that's just preparing me for what's to come. Lot's of pillows and decent sheets - not a linen **** though - hehe. I like really really sofa blankets.
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
SoloZolo

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 03:07:58 pm »

you sink down into them, so do cats.  They are almost impossible to move.  If they pull the passive resistance thing, you don't have a chance.

****, I have the same problem when Leo is sleeping on a table.  He's a 23-pounder and a master at the "passive resistance thing."  I'd pick him up by the scruff of the neck, but he is usually on his back in some kind of dramatic pose.  The pose itself, I think, is meant to melt my heart and just want to look, not touch - especially with all those extra toes, they are so fun to look at.
Report Spam   Logged

SoloZolo

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 03:08:47 pm »

P.S. LOVE the ads!!!   
Report Spam   Logged

Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 03:12:20 pm »

I had a really old cheap mattress for years, it was hell.  I finally just replaced it with one of those Swedish foam mattresses. My husband made me jump up and down on it with the wineglass sitting there.

So did the wineglass move? I've been contemplating getting one of these. We had a crap mattress for years too and last year I bought one of those expensive pillowtop mattresses and I hate it. Spent $1,200 on it and I get horrible pains in my hips if I sleep on my side - never got that with my crappy $200 mattress that we had for 10 years! I'm so disappointed in it. I'm more comfortable on our sofa.

No, the wineglass didn't move. 

One reason I bought the thing is I hate to look of pillow top mattresses, the five foot high with six comforters and 37 pillows look just doesn't work for me.  I wanted something that would make up flat and the foam ones were some of the only quality mattresses available that weren't so tall and fluffy. 

I was pretty skeptical, but I've had mine about a month now, and it seems to be everything they say.  I'm a light sleeper too, but haven't woke much in the night (other than to the sound of a cat battle now and then) since we got it.  You really don't notice he other person moving around.  Actually I don't think you move around as much. I think I'm waking up in the same position as I went to sleep, that never used to happen.  Oh course our old one got so bad you had to swing your leg over the edge to keep from rolling toward the middle.  So I don't know how much of this is just having something decent, or the mattress itself.

I hated trying to buy a mattress, it was impossible to tell what was worth the money.  Seemed like anything decent was at least a grand, and then you didn't know if it would hold up or not.  My husband is a wallower, so I wanted something pretty tough.

Ignoring red.
Report Spam   Logged
Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 03:14:54 pm »

you sink down into them, so do cats.  They are almost impossible to move.  If they pull the passive resistance thing, you don't have a chance.

****, I have the same problem when Leo is sleeping on a table.  He's a 23-pounder and a master at the "passive resistance thing."  I'd pick him up by the scruff of the neck, but he is usually on his back in some kind of dramatic pose.  The pose itself, I think, is meant to melt my heart and just want to look, not touch - especially with all those extra toes, they are so fun to look at.

My 20+ pounder just completely relaxes.  It's like he weighs 100 pounds.  He doesn't even give me the curtesey of a cute look.

Yeah, the ad thing is incredible. 
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 03:18:48 pm »

He doesn't even give me the curtesey of a cute look.

Oh, Addie, you are ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 03:38:44 pm »

I REALLY need a new mattress. Don't get me started. The mattress we currently have is probably only 2 years old yet you roll right to the middle. And its a friggin pillowtop ginormous thing that you have to jump up just to sit on. I HATE that. I like a lower bed. Figures, DH just called 1800mattress one day and over came a mattress. Input from me? NO. But that's another friggin story.

ANYWAY I would love one of those tempurpedic...did it cost like a million dollars tho? I need something for all my backpains. I wake up and everything cracks. I like FIRM.

I sleep on my stomach with one leg up. My daughter sleeps the same way. 
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:28 pm »

I sleep on my stomach with one leg up. My daughter sleeps the same way. 

Ahhhhhh, I do the same thing!!!! It's really really really bad for your spine.
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 04:19:02 pm »

Ahhhhhh, I do the same thing!!!! It's really really really bad for your spine.

REALLY?  Cry  I had no idea. Perhaps that explains my aches. But its just so COMFY that way...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum