Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 08:04:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SURROGATE Adoptees???

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SURROGATE Adoptees???  (Read 1260 times)
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 12:26:03 pm »

It states that my mum was not allowed to form a parental bond with me. They actually said that in the bloody contract. She was to get $1000 only if she delivered a dead or premature baby. She was to get 10,000 after I was delivered and I was healthy and she signed off her rights. If mum gave birth to a damaged child, or a retarded child, then my father did not have to pay her nor was it his responsibility to take me and raise me. I almost wish I would have been born with a disability so that mum would have kept me. But then knowing her and her being so brainwashed, she would have adopted me out. I probably would have waited a long time for parents if I were damaged.

Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 12:26:07 pm »

And yet you are not supposed to feel like you were bought huh? It was just part of the process right?

I've never seen my adoption papers - but they told me I cost $2,000 - which I also suspect to be a lie cause I've heard from to many other adoptees of the 60's that they cost somewhere around $500.

WFT - I'm worth a million!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 12:28:19 pm »

It states that my mum was not allowed to form a parental bond with me. They actually said that in the bloody contract. She was to get $1000 only if she delivered a dead or premature baby. She was to get 10,000 after I was delivered and I was healthy and she signed off her rights. If mum gave birth to a damaged child, or a retarded child, then my father did not have to pay her nor was it his responsibility to take me and raise me. I almost wish I would have been born with a disability so that mum would have kept me. But then knowing her and her being so brainwashed, she would have adopted me out. I probably would have waited a long time for parents if I were damaged.

OH MY GOD - there's nothing in your entire post that isn't **** up. I'm so sorry BS like that was written about you. That's just  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 12:31:43 pm »

Now they do it differently they all tell me because the wording of the old contract pre-1995 or whatever, made it sound like baby selling and selling humans had been illegal since the 1860s or whatever
Um...yah it WAS babyselling. Now they pay the mother over the course of the pregnancy and call it payment for "pain and suffering" (so now the kids can feel like they were pain and suffering instead of just plain old bought and sold) or payment for the time and effort they were putting in or unborn child support or what the **** ever other euphemism these people pull out of their arses. It's sick.
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle
Hostess with the Mostest
Privileged

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »

Oh, man....just when I thik I've heard it all... Sarah, that's just too much. I've talked to moms who prayed the baby would be born with some kind of defect so it wouldn't be adopted. What a story...
Report Spam   Logged

Adoption is testimony to what the human psyche can endure...
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 08:30:27 pm »

Oh Sarah - that's so very very wrong.
I'm speechless.
 Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 09:40:37 pm »

Now they do it differently they all tell 

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF
Sorry. But don't you love how fast the new generation loves to pull that 'but it's different now' crap.

No, I don't either.

Wow, so soon.

Sarah that is just so, so, so TOO MUCH
Report Spam   Logged

One cat leads to another.
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 10:32:43 pm »

Now they pay the mother over the course of the pregnancy and call it payment for "pain and suffering" (so now the kids can feel like they were pain and suffering instead of just plain old bought and sold) or payment for the time and effort they were putting in or unborn child support or what the **** ever other euphemism these people pull out of their arses. It's sick.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...they can call it anything they **** want, its a DUCK.  Azn

WHY is surrogacy even legal? We cant buy ORGANS here but we can contract for BABIES?!
I'm sorry, a baby is worth WAY more than a kidney and kidneys can ONLY be donated. 

Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 10:37:35 pm »

a baby is worth WAY more than a kidney and kidneys can ONLY be donated.

Donated, bought, sold.  Still commodities.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 11:21:54 pm »

Ladies, surrogacy is totally illegal in almost all countries and severely restricted in others (such as the UK and Canada - you can only pay for the mother's expenses) In Canada and the UK, the only other countries that it is legal, but very restricted in, still says that if mother wanted to keep the baby, you can all sod off. Mother keeps the baby. And legally you can only pay the expenses. The mother makes no profit. That's the way it should be. Well actually it should be outlawed altogether, but whatever.

Here, in the USA, it is much different. Surrogacy is totally unregulated in most states. If you have 20 grand, you can buy a baby. Many, many international couples come here to impregnante women and purchase their children.

NOW GET THIS!! This is totally SICK!! But in the states of California and Arkansas, there is something called a PRE-BIRTH ORDER. What this means is that at 6 months, if you have signed a contract to sell your child, your own flesh and blood child made from your egg and the intended father's sperm, you MUST give up that child. It contradicts every law on termination of parental rights, just because you signed a statement saying you would give up your baby at 6 months pregnant. If you msde the child with an egg donor's egg and the father's sperm, in most states, there is this PBO (pre-birth order) thing.

In addition to that....THERE IS NO ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!! Yes you heard me. No OBC. The "intended mother" or the woman married to the man that impregnated you, will go on the original birth certificate. There is NO record of the mother, sealed, legal, illegal, or otherwise. It is the ultimate lie and I ask you, how long before they make pre birth surrenders enforceable for regular adoptions.

It is something that NEEDS to be changed. I just don't know how to do it  Azn
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:26:32 pm by Sarah » Report Spam   Logged
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 11:40:04 pm »

This is so horrific no words can describe what I feel.
Report Spam   Logged

One cat leads to another.
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 11:52:03 pm »

Only in America, Theresa. Only in America.
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 12:02:32 am »

Unspeakable!
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 12:07:16 am »

Arkansas surrogacy laws:

The statutes, codified at Arkansas Code Annotated Section 9-10-201 et seq., are monumental deviations from the more familiar laws around the country that mandate that a child conceived through artificial insemination of a married woman shall be deemed to be the child of the woman and her husband. In Arkansas, the child born as the result of artificial insemination pursuant to a surrogacy contract is deemed to be the child of the biological father and his wife if he is married. If the biological father is not married, the child is deemed to be his child only (MEANING that they eliminate ANY mother completely!). The child's birth certificate recognizes the parents as those contemplated in the surrogacy contract. The marital status of the surrogate in either situation is irrelevant. The surrogacy contract controls the outcome of any disputes that might arise.

The Arkansas law has two major advantages not found elsewhere. First, as noted above, the marital status of the surrogate is irrelevant, meaning that there is never a presumption that a married surrogate's husband is the legal father of a child born pursuant to the surrogacy contract. The statutes in other states that create that presumption were enacted for the benefit of married couples seeking to conceive with donor semen when the husband was infertile. The protection of people seeking to use a surrogate mother was never contemplated when those artificial insemination statutes were enacted. Further, the Arkansas law promotes the surrogacy concept in that a subsequent step-parent adoption is not necessary to get the intended mother's name listed on the child's birth certificate instead of the surrogate's name. The birth certificate lists the parents as those intended in the surrogacy contract. This holds true even when the surrogate carries a child for an unmarried woman after being inseminated with semen from an anonymous donor.

There have been no custody battles in Arkansas as the result of a surrogate mother breaching a surrogacy contract. Indeed, the plain language of the statutes suggest that there could be no custody dispute. A number of family court judges have presided over divorces and custody battles between biological fathers and their wives when their children were born through surrogacy. In those cases, the children have been treated the same as if they were the biological product of both parents and custody was awarded to the best parent just as in any divorce. The father's biological tie to the child gave him no more or no less right to seek custody, and likewise, his wife enjoyed the same right.

Some individuals and surrogate mother services have utilized the benefits of Arkansas' law by having their surrogates deliver their child in Arkansas. When this is not feasible, the use of an Arkansas-based surrogacy service can be beneficial to the parties regardless of their states of residence when the surrogacy contract is drawn and executed under the laws of Arkansas. There are currently a few adoption attorneys in Arkansas assisting in arranging surrogacy contracts as well as one attorney-operated surrogate mother service offering surrogate candidates from every region of the country.

"The Land of Opportunity" was the state's motto for many years. For those seeking parenthood through surrogacy, Arkansas is still the land of opportunity, legally speaking.
http://www.surrogacy.com/legals/article/arlaw.html

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:14:57 am by Sarah » Report Spam   Logged
Sarah
Candy Ass Adoptee

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2007, 12:10:30 am »

Yah the Land of Opportunity, infuckingdeed.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum