Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 18, 2024, 04:42:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Movie: Dead Letter Office

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie: Dead Letter Office  (Read 619 times)
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« on: April 28, 2007, 09:00:29 pm »

I agree that perception is warped when adoptees search. Most people I know/knew when I was searching were supportive. These were people who had nothing to do with adoption. My co-workers and friends. I didn't actually know any adoptees when I searched!

A friend of mine who was rasied with her mother (father was long gone...she never knew him) wanted to find him. She had her whole family against her for wanting to find the man....they hated him and couldn't understand why she would want to know someone who was never there for her. She found him and was able to hear his side of the story, but like many of us, the words were a bit too late, and although she was happy to finally see him and talk to him, the anger from not having him in her life came at her full force. I don't think it's just adoptees who are judged and critisized for wanting to know our poeple and past.....just different agendas based on the various players involved (and of course we have a law against as as well).

Yeah, people only get criticized when they are searching for bad people.  Like assholes.  And natural mothers.   
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum