Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 01:48:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Advertising

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 499 times)
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« on: April 27, 2007, 10:40:10 am »

I agree. It is really sick how they solicit babies....and I have NO idea where to start to get this kind of crap halted.  I see this as a violation of a woman's right to privacy, to have these agencies contacting pregnant women, bringing candy to the doctors?!    UGH!!!!!!

It REALLY distresses me, as a woman. I honestly believe some of us women are doing in OTHER women...isn't this a woman's rights issue? How come we value middle class infertile women more than we value young, pregnant women who may not have the same kind of stability? Aren't we leaving them out in the cold? It's shameful. It is shameful that so many women don't see this. Feminism has TOTALLY overlooked expectant mothers. Instead of working to help them parent, they are encouraging this kind of thing.

Hell, the laws in my state say "natural mother" in the adoption statutes. Fine, right?  Well, the Bar Association is working to CHANGE that language to read Birth Mother. WHAT THE **** AND WHY?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?  If that isn't a slap in the face, a marginalization, a put-you-in-your-place-teenmom action then I don't know what is.

All of that to say, Coco, that I don't know WHAT to do about it. What will work?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum