Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 08:08:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 4/27

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 4/27  (Read 565 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 27, 2007, 08:38:14 am »

What is your favorite vacation destination?
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mickey
Private board access

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:39:01 am »

My husband and I went on our first cruise in December to the western Caribbean...Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel! The islands and the people and the beaches were a wonder, but for me anyway it's true what they say. "It's not about the destination...it's about the journey." I loved being on the ship! The days at sea with no land in sight were the best. I felt free and at peace!

Here's the kicker! Even though hubby and I have been married 27 yrs, I was married and divorced twice before him, and with being adopted...well, I've had so many names it's hard to keep track lol. Our travel agent had me freaked out about having a complete record of name changes and a bc with a raised seal. I noticed my ammended bc did not have a raised seal, so I sent for a copy and long story short...they told me that the bc I have had since my adoption in 1953 was not valid!! WTF!!! Excuse me, but then who the **** am I? I was born in Iowa and adopted a yr later in Indiana. After much confusion and hassles they issued me a "delayed birth certificate". Anyone heard of this?? The real **** is I have my obc from Iowa and it has a raised seal!!! I took my loooong paper trail down to whatever it's called where you get the passports here and paid the extra money to rush me a passport. First (and probably the only) time in my life I could actually hand a government official MY, ME, MINE, MICKEY'S, NOT MARY'S...real and true birth certificate!! There just aren't words to express how awesome that was...
Report Spam   Logged

"Why do the winds blow upon me so wild? Is it because I'm nobody's child?"
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »

The Maldive Islands    (directly south of India)

B E A U T I F U L

(have been twice.......would LOVE to go back)

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:11:45 pm »

I've been on so few vacations.  There are LOTs of places I would like to go.  Of the places I've been, I liked the cabana on the beach with the cabana boy keeping me in pina coladas every time I raised the little drinky flag on my cabana.  It was somewhere in the Caribbean.  What do I care where it was, as long as I had my obedient cabana boy.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Sandy
First Mom

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »

NYC.   I love, love, love NYC.   I love the village, Tribeca, uptown, midtown, downtown, the whole city.  There's always something to do, always some little cool place to have a cocktail.  

My favorite visit there, was when me and 2 of my girlfriends got soup from The Soup Nazi and he yelled at all 3 of us.  It was a riot, plus, the soup was killer.  
Report Spam   Logged
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 06:38:52 pm »

DH and I have gone to Vegas about 13 times.  It used to be my favorite, but after being in Germany two years ago, I'd have to say that that is my favorite.  Don't know if we'll make it back any time soon, but oh man was it fun.

We started in Paris, took a high speed train to Cologne, and got a rental car there and drove around the country for a week.  The highlight was a hot air balloon ride over Augsburg and spending a day at the real Oktoberfest in Munich.  Gawd was that ever fun.  If we go again, I want to meet my penpal in Berlin and visit with her for a while.
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 07:48:42 pm »

Oooh geez hard question. I love travelling everywhere.

If it was a family vacation, one we'd have to repeat again and again, I'd say DEF the beach. So Cal if $ is not an object, NJ shore if it was.

If it was just me and adults, Paris/Belgium I would love to see again.  Cool

Report Spam   Logged
gabbymoggy

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 09:53:37 pm »

Where o where, I love travelling, but where would I go back to...

Sharm-el-Sheik in Egypt (twas where we got engaged) it was lovely doing nothing for two weeks be it beside the pool or the beach!
or maybe anywhere in France
or Sorrento in Italy
Report Spam   Logged
lhjh4

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 05:49:52 pm »

Prince Edward Island, Canada
Report Spam   Logged
Orchidsnowfairy

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 07:37:04 pm »

Anywhere where I can sit quietly on a beach in the sunshine and get a tan.  Doesn't matter if it is the carribean islands or some beach on a stream somewhere.  Just somewhere peacefull.
Report Spam   Logged

This is my december, these are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending, this is all I need

And I'd Give it all away, just to have someone to talk to
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum