Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 09:13:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Can I do this???

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do this???  (Read 1604 times)
MindyRambo
Prospective Adoptive Mommy

United We Stand

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 06:27:55 am »

Be careful, too, with the word abandoned. Orphanages and adoption agencies may tell people that a child has been abandoned

Abandoned is not a good word, either; I imagine a mother and/or family being in such a bad state that leaving their child anonymously was what they thought was their only option at that time. We don't know their circumstances and abandoned sounds like the mother just didn't want the child, period, then or ever. Sometimes the father or the mother's parents take the child and leave it at an orphanage, when that's not what the mother wanted. Maybe it's me, but I don't believe that a mother who leaves a child anonymously, does so because she doesn't care....it's done more out of fear and desperation. The system of adoption is so crooked that I think the first story one hears about a child is usually not the truth. We just have to look at adoption in North America to know how corrupt it is and that it's based on lies and myths.

I think a lot about this actually, thanks for writing it Smiley  I agree, and everytime I go to type the word, I don't want to, but can't think of another word that doesn't sound equally as horrible :(

Man someone really doesn't like me!  I noticed that the 1st post I made here, I was already down 3 Karma pts :(

That's terrible, I gave you one to make some back.

And add an emoticon too.

Thank you kimkim 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum