Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 07:30:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Can I do this???

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do this???  (Read 1602 times)
Michelle
Hostess with the Mostest
Privileged

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 04:52:40 pm »

Kippa, you're right...there is no one word that effectively desrcibes what a mother, father and family experience that results in a child gong to an orphanange or adoption.

I read that the boy Jolie took was from a mother who had a heroin addiction. But, that wasn't the problem, so says the article, it was that she was pregnant and not married....a complete shame brought on to the family. The mom's dad said there was no way he could let that baby into his home....and the sister said the mother of the boy was a complete wreck after losing him. Yeah, what word is used for all this? Surrender probably fits best as it really is surrendering to all forces more powerful than you. Every child has a story about why sh/he ended up in an orphanage or was adopted....and these stories can be filled with sadness, terror and hopelessness.  Abandoned is a terrible word, actually. If anyone is abandoned in adoption, it's the mother, at some point, somehwere, by someone or many people at different stages of her life.
Report Spam   Logged

Adoption is testimony to what the human psyche can endure...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum