Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 04:22:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 4/26

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 4/26  (Read 684 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:46 am »

What was your first "real" job?
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:35:32 am »

I worked at a Montessori school, first job, when I was 16.
Report Spam   Logged
Addie Pray
yeah, that's right
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:03 am »

My first "real" job was account rep for SWBell.

I hated it.
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:49:55 am »

I was a veterinarian assistant and I loved it.
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
mickey
Private board access

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50:31 am »

Fun question!

My first job was across the road from my house! From 1967 thru 1970 (H.S.yrs.) I worked summers at the good ole "49er Drive-In" movie theater! My best friends worked there as well. I keep saying "worked"  like that's what we did LOL! We took your money, or NOT...it just depended on if you went to our school  Smiley (or if you were a really cute guy)  !! One exception was this really sweet old man who drove a really old car and always came by himself. We never knew his name, but amongst ourselves we called him "turtle man", uh...because he looked like a turtle!! Anyway we ALWAYS told him...Congratulations!...you are the 100th customer of the evening and you get to go in for free!!! For those of you too young to remember, or maybe not even born yet  ...back in the day you could get in the drive-in for a buck and we still had special buck a carload nights!! Or you could just put a bunch of people in the trunk  !!!!! Anyhow...about "dark-thirty" we'd be done "working" so then we'd go back and hang out with our friends and get drunk  Lips Sealed or watch the movie or make out  Afro (or all 3)!!! Many nights we'd just jump in the back of somebody's pick-up and go cruisin' town and hang out at the Frostop, or...go down to the lake and go skinny dipping!! I used to know every word of "Bonnie and Clyde". I watched it 14 nights in a row LOL!! I actually got a paycheck for all of this!! Not much, but enough to buy smokes at the little store/bait shop  Cool !!!

Aahh...the good old days!! The crazy part is my aparents were very religous. Going to a movie, dancing, etc was a SIN and strictly forbidden. My adad died when I was 13. When I was 14, amom allowed me to go with my friends and see "Mary Poppins". That was a whole new world for me. Eventually (when I was 15) she gave in to my pleading to work at the drive-in because I was "working" and it was only across the street. I know her fear was that I would turn out like my bmom. I was always told I came from "trash", that I was born in chicken **** and if I did "this, that, or the other" that that's exactly where I would end up. In my defense...I was mischievious as a kid, but not a bad kid...and I'm looking around me right now and I don't see chickenshit anywhere... Grin

Report Spam   Logged

"Why do the winds blow upon me so wild? Is it because I'm nobody's child?"
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 10:56:14 am »

You mean besides working in my adad's sweat shop?

I was a flight attendant for Northwest ::bong:: Orient Airlines.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 12:21:40 pm »

Ugh... I worked in a law firm when I was fifteen making copies and running stuff to the bank, county clerk and courthouse..

GUESS WHERE I WORK TODAY... Grin

same **** law firm, different title....SEVENTEEN years later. Longer than my marriage.
Report Spam   Logged
joy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 03:06:40 pm »

this sucks, you are all so much more interesting than me, oh well.

I was a drumroll...waitress.
Report Spam   Logged
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 06:22:44 pm »

I worked for a T-shirt company - sorting orders. (boss was an ****)
So - 4 months later I left.
New job - travel consultant in training. (boss - another **** - but the traveling was great!!!)

Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
angel

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »

I worked at the Sydney Stock Exchange!    They were fun days!
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 07:24:07 pm »

I was a drumroll...waitress.
Did you know I almost threw in the towel with the law business and took up waitressing last year? I'm dead serious. It seemed WAAAY more fun and better exercise.    A few friends of mine had to knock some sense into me. I skipped the waitressing job offer but am still waiting for my big break out of this droll  career into something more fulfilling. Like waste management or sewer repair.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:31:15 am »

Stewie are you dissing on us wastewater people??   Angry

My first job while in high school was a cashier at a grocery store.  I moved into a little pizza shop in the store and damn it was so much fun.  I hung out in back with the salad bar & produce people, eating all the fruit and we always got into these fights where we'd whip the rotten stuff at each other.  It was the best. 

My first real job after college was.....wastewater treatment plant operator.  It was with a smallish city, so I also had to do other things with the rest of the utility crew, like reading meters once a month (HELL in wintertime), driving the snow plow in the winter, etc.  I've been on a little boat in the wastewater pond, I've ran the sewer jetter machine, even got covered in black stinky ****.  I also ran the town's two drinking water plants.  Aside from stinky poo, it was really a fun job.  I was the first and only female to work for the city crew and I was something of a sideshow for all the old guys in town!  But working with those guys on the crew was awesome.  Oh, the beer parties......
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 08:48:38 am »

Stewie are you dissing on us wastewater people??   Angry
Cry  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

I was dissing my own profession and my lovelost with it....sorry, didn't mean to use  Huh? professions as a comparison...but you know where I was going with that, right? Yah, I'm 
Report Spam   Logged
gabbymoggy

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 09:58:22 pm »

Well during school years my first proper job was running a mailing machine (you know folds and inserts all the bills & statements etc) was good money for a holiday job.   Smiley

But my first real job was working as a receptionist at a Rudolf Steiner School (infact the one I had attended until I was 13) it was nice and all...until they offered to train me as a kindergarten teacher...the thought of spending the rest of my life surrounded by children made me decide to attend university!  Azn
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum