Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 29, 2024, 04:42:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 4/26

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 4/26  (Read 687 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 27, 2007, 08:31:15 am »

Stewie are you dissing on us wastewater people??   Angry

My first job while in high school was a cashier at a grocery store.  I moved into a little pizza shop in the store and damn it was so much fun.  I hung out in back with the salad bar & produce people, eating all the fruit and we always got into these fights where we'd whip the rotten stuff at each other.  It was the best. 

My first real job after college was.....wastewater treatment plant operator.  It was with a smallish city, so I also had to do other things with the rest of the utility crew, like reading meters once a month (HELL in wintertime), driving the snow plow in the winter, etc.  I've been on a little boat in the wastewater pond, I've ran the sewer jetter machine, even got covered in black stinky ****.  I also ran the town's two drinking water plants.  Aside from stinky poo, it was really a fun job.  I was the first and only female to work for the city crew and I was something of a sideshow for all the old guys in town!  But working with those guys on the crew was awesome.  Oh, the beer parties......
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum