Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
April 19, 2024, 10:00:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shopping on Myspace

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shopping on Myspace  (Read 1676 times)
mickey
Private board access

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 04:19:07 pm »

I sent them the following message:

What are you looking for...the BLUE LIGHT special on babies? I am an adult adoptee and this whole "advertising" for a baby is so offensive to me and other like minded adoptees. I seriously want to cry and throw up at the same time. Babies are NOT puppies FOR GOD'S SAKES. And you KNOW myspace...YOU ARE TARGETING TEEN AGE MOMS or MOMS TO BE...who may be going through a period of confusion, fear, and doubting their abilities to parent. Let's just say that maybe GOD is working through me. Have you ever spared a thought that what you are doing precipitates an opening for a new avenue of black market adoptions? If you two cannot afford to take the proper steps to adopt a baby then I highly recommend that you be happy with the children you already have and focus on them. I seriously hope that you retract this advertisement so that others do not follow in your footsteps.

Mickey in Colorado

And her response to me:

Unfortunatly this is a step in the process. This has been the way it is has been done for quite some time now. I know things were different back when you were adopted. Now days it is much more open so the mother has families to choose from. I will be putting up a disclaimer in a few minutes that might help explain the process with a number to the adoption council if you have any more questions. Thanks.
P.S. the part the media likes to edit out is that we are working with an agency and this is a common profile that most all families have to do. We are following all legal channels and are not looking to buy a baby. God bless, -Sherry

Angry  Undecided  Azn
Report Spam   Logged

"Why do the winds blow upon me so wild? Is it because I'm nobody's child?"
HeatherUK

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »

http://www.myspace.com/skateboardersmom
Report Spam   Logged
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 04:37:03 pm »

That **** is whacked.
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
joy
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 04:40:53 pm »

Oh my God and no offense to bar flies but they look like bar flies
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:48:05 pm by joy » Report Spam   Logged
Aislin

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 05:12:09 pm »

on behalf of myself and fellow bar flies I must let tit be known that they are not card carrying members. They might be bar roaches. We have had trouble with bar roaches trying to join our ranks
Report Spam   Logged
Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 05:16:01 pm »

That **** is whacked.

I'm sorry but i just laughed myself into tears at that line. thanks, i really, really needed that

I hate to be all doom and gloom, but the $$$ that myspace is racking in over the pay-per-impression ads on that page with all the hits it's getting, no way they'd remove it. I hope I'm wrong but anyway they probably think adoption is all lurvely too.
Report Spam   Logged

One cat leads to another.
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 05:29:18 pm »

on behalf of myself and fellow bar flies I must let tit be known that they are not card carrying members.

Been drinking much lately?
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 05:38:57 pm »

on behalf of myself and fellow bar flies I must let tit be known

I've been to those kinds of bars too. *slips a couple $1s to Aislin*
Report Spam   Logged
Aislin

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 06:19:18 pm »

OMFG!!! That is what I get for typing too fast. Actually no drinkie drinkie for me for awhile. Maybe its withdrawl
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 07:02:34 pm »

I sent them the following message:

What are you looking for...the BLUE LIGHT special on babies? I am an adult adoptee and this whole "advertising" for a baby is so offensive to me and other like minded adoptees. I seriously want to cry and throw up at the same time. Babies are NOT puppies FOR GOD'S SAKES. And you KNOW myspace...YOU ARE TARGETING TEEN AGE MOMS or MOMS TO BE...who may be going through a period of confusion, fear, and doubting their abilities to parent. Let's just say that maybe GOD is working through me. Have you ever spared a thought that what you are doing precipitates an opening for a new avenue of black market adoptions? If you two cannot afford to take the proper steps to adopt a baby then I highly recommend that you be happy with the children you already have and focus on them. I seriously hope that you retract this advertisement so that others do not follow in your footsteps.

Mickey in Colorado

And her response to me:

Unfortunatly this is a step in the process. This has been the way it is has been done for quite some time now. I know things were different back when you were adopted. Now days it is much more open so the mother has families to choose from. I will be putting up a disclaimer in a few minutes that might help explain the process with a number to the adoption council if you have any more questions. Thanks.
P.S. the part the media likes to edit out is that we are working with an agency and this is a common profile that most all families have to do. We are following all legal channels and are not looking to buy a baby. God bless, -Sherry

Angry  Undecided  Azn

Oh.  Well.  As long as this is how it's done now, then we need to shut the hell up because the experience of being adopted will be so much different than how it was with us dontcha know.  Yeah, it's all about the process and not about the child??!?  Oh yes and the NCFA will answer any of your questions if you still have any.  And as long as it's legal (regardless of morality) it's all okay.

Ignoring 5 reds
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
SoloZolo

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 07:04:19 pm »

on behalf of myself and fellow bar flies I must let tit be known that they are not card carrying members. They might be bar roaches. We have had trouble with bar roaches trying to join our ranks

I can second that.  They are definitely bar roaches - based on my experience, of course (requisite disclaimer).
Report Spam   Logged

Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 07:08:26 pm »

No matter how morally reprehensible you are, you can make everything better with those two little words

GOD BLESS

Everything is so much better now, you haggled OLD adoptee. God Bless. I know more than you. God Bless. Your adoptive parents were obviously horrible people. God bless. What I want is more important than anything. God Bless. I'm going to give a baby a forever home. God Bless. As long as her mother isn't a drunk. God bless.
Report Spam   Logged

Theresa

I want my damn records

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 07:14:20 pm »

oh I take it all back. She has the blessings of the NCA. God bless all her visiters.

Report Spam   Logged

SoloZolo

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 08:33:29 pm »

Dear Visitors,

Adoption is a long, complicated legal journey [because lawyers don't want adopters to come back and sue them or the agency].  Before adopting, a family must have a homestudy done by a licensed agency to qualify [which consists of checking under the beds and a D & B inquiry].

This part of the adoption process is getting a family profile out there for mothers facing an unplanned pregnancy to see [because we always assume that women with an unplanned pregnancy represent our most target-rich audience].  These can be found all over the internet [but particularly where our research tells us young, vulnerable women can be found]], such as ADOPTads.com, in the newspapers, even in doctors offices [and not dermatologists, no we target OB/GYNs of course].  Ours is a common version of this profile [common indeed].  Yes, there are others on MySpace! [what a shock]

The national council for adoption [aka the Devil] supports our efforts and the efforts of others on getting their profiles out to the public as long as they are correctly following the legal adoption process [oh yeah just like Theresa has to follow the correct process to get her non-id].  For any information on the adoption process or for any expectant mothers wishing for some no obligation [Bwahahahahahaha!]  information, please call:
THE NATIONAL COUNCIL for ADOPTION [the Devil]...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:39:12 pm by SoloZolo » Report Spam   Logged

joy
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 12:36:25 am »

No matter how morally reprehensible you are, you can make everything better with those two little words

GOD BLESS

Everything is so much better now, you haggled OLD adoptee. God Bless. I know more than you. God Bless. Your adoptive parents were obviously horrible people. God bless. What I want is more important than anything. God Bless. I'm going to give a baby a forever home. God Bless. As long as her mother isn't a drunk. God bless.

God bless you for sayin this Theresa, you are God's vessel.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum