Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 06:03:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Reason to Adopt Chinese Girl-More Magazine

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason to Adopt Chinese Girl-More Magazine  (Read 198 times)
Nina
Nina De La Fuente
Privileged

« on: April 25, 2007, 12:47:34 pm »

Just caught this in More Magazine, page 55, "This is What 47 Looks Like" (...yeah right, only if you were absolutely gorgeous and perfect at 30).

Lisa Berkley lives on a 30 acre farm in Penn.

Here's what she says about Family:  "When my daughter was four, she said she wanted a little sister from China.  It got me thinking.  Why not use my time and energy to help another human being?  Now, my daughter is 11, and we're adopting a girl from China next Spring."

Mmm...what came first?  The Martyr/Charity complex or the desire to have another daughter?  Or wait, she doesn't really want another child....she just wants a Chinese sister for her kid...who asked very nicely for one.  And why Chinese, exactly?  Did she see one on a TV show or does somebody else "have one" at pre-school?   Or maybe Chinese girls are supposed to be obedient and studious, unlike our thousands of domestic children in foster care in desperate need for a good home, in probably the same state, who could probably use some of Lisa's "energy to help another human being."

I think this is why some of us are suspicious of (some) motives to adopt.  This need to publicize the helping/saving aspect. 
Report Spam   Logged

AI!  Am I the ONLY Beaner?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:38 pm »

Just caught this in More Magazine, page 55, "This is What 47 Looks Like" (...yeah right, only if you were absolutely gorgeous and perfect at 30).

Here's what she says about Family:  "When my daughter was four, she said she wanted a little sister from China.  It got me thinking.  Why not use my time and energy to help another human being?  Now, my daughter is 11, and we're adopting a girl from China next Spring."

Sounds to me like her daughter got the ultimate cabbage patch kid.  Must be something that the other kids in school have...little Chinese siblings, with their dark mysterious eyes. 

Yes, why don't we all "save" a poor unfortunate little Chinaling?  It's the golden stairway to heaven for sure, isn't it?

Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:06:12 pm »

Sounds to me like her daughter got the ultimate cabbage patch kid.

Exactamundo. 
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
joy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 02:23:45 pm »

Mmm...what came first?  The Martyr/Charity complex or the desire to have another daughter?  Or wait, she doesn't really want another child....she just wants a Chinese sister for her kid...who asked very nicely for one.  And why Chinese, exactly?  Did she see one on a TV show or does somebody else "have one" at pre-school?   Or maybe Chinese girls are supposed to be obedient and studious, unlike our thousands of domestic children in foster care in desperate need for a good home, in probably the same state, who could probably use some of Lisa's "energy to help another human being."

I think this is why some of us are suspicious of (some) motives to adopt.  This need to publicize the helping/saving aspect. 

eeeeeeuuuuuw

I am glad my son never asked me to rustle him up a pet human.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum