Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 11:02:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Introductions! Introductions!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions! Introductions!  (Read 2796 times)
HeatherUK

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:29 am »

I'm and adoptee, 36 years old and have been going round in circles trying to trace my identity and heritage since I was 18.

Born in Syracuse, New York I was shipped off to England when I was 2

Keep on being amazed at the attitudes of adopters and governments and very very confused as to why I am not allowed to have my own birth certificate.  I have written loads of letters to NY supporting the current Bill but I don't know if they'll take much notice of a 'foreigner'  even though I was born there and they are holding my records hostage

I have kept my right to my US passport and use this to my advantage quite alot.  I've been back and forth between the US and the UK quite often but now I have kiddies, I've stayed put here in the UK (but I'll be in NY again in July this year)

Still searching, still frustrated, still kinda scared to say how I feel for fear of the responses (you know the kind I mean)  But it feels safe here.

I've been in a fog most of my life, letting others define who I am and what I should think and feel and then, I discovered there were others who felt just like me! yay! I'm not alone, or crazy or maladjusted - just adopted! what a revelation.

Lovely to meet such a great bunch of people.  You guys help validate my feelings and I am able to define who I am and my experiences all by myself
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:45:55 am by HeatherUK » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum