Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 12:50:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE'RE MOVING ON UP...
see general section for sticky with info....

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 4/25

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 4/25  (Read 1348 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 25, 2007, 08:01:23 am »

Do you have any "wierd" things that you like to eat, or an odd way of fixing certain foods?

I have a few.  Of course, I'm one of those people who will eat just about anything, but some of the things I eat make my DH wonder about me.

I like putting miracle whip on my mashed potatoes.  I LOVE tomato paste, I sometimes just eat it right out of the can.  And peanut butter on my vanilla ice cream!   
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:53:07 am »

*I eat tomato paste out of the can too*  on the sly...when I'm cooking something with it....

Peanut butter on ice cream sounds great.

I don't THINK I have any odd food things, but I will eat lots of things other people wont.

But not squab. That's just fancy pigeon. I've seen enough live pigeons in my day to know I don't want to try one.  Kiss

And turnips. I won't eat them. As my agrandma says "only the irish eat turnips" well, not this one...  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:54:33 am »

Heheheh - I microwave my ice cream! Only until it's slightly soft - it has to have just the right consistency. I also like frosted mini wheats but I have to turn them all so the frosting side is up and then pour my milk in. Oh, and I hold M&Ms in my hands until they are all melty and then bite them so they come apart in two pieces and the chocolate oozes out and then I only have the candy shell left which is all yummy crunchy.

Do any of those count for "weird"?
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:05:40 am »

Dory, you're just a wierdo all around.     j/k

Actuall I have been known to microwave my ice cream too...I have to stir it and stir it until it's nice and soft and runny.  Not melted, just squishy.  I HATE hard ice cream.

And I have to hold M&M's in my hand too, how wierd is that??  I guess I have a thing about anything I eat being too hard!   

Um...well....not ALL hard things...
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:10:57 am »

LILLIE you bad girl...    

I eat my ice cream with a fork. I don't like spoons for really, anything. 

Report Spam   Logged
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:17:31 am »

I don't have any weird food habits necessarily, in case you count that I hate mustard, mayo, ketchup, gravy, salad dressing (just vinegar or lemon juice), basically any condiments.
I have, however, eaten more weird things than your average american. I'd be interested in hearing what you've tried Stewie. I had some excellent pigeon in Guangzhou (Canton), you should try it!
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 09:19:51 am »

I eat my ice cream with a fork. I don't like spoons for really, anything. 

I guess soup really poses a challenge for you huh?
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:48 am »

Yes, soup can be difficult.  Kiss I just don't like that slurpy spoon ****.  I like to eat it with a fork and then sip the broth. But I DO use the spoon, just so you know.

Actually, Marsha, I don't know that I've had super weird stuff... i have tried alligator....I'm just OPEN to semi-weird stuff if it should present itself. I had skate wing which sounded exotic but was really just like flounder.    what have you tried, sorry I know the pigeon Might taste good, but, its like, when in rome. If I was in canton and that's what the people ate there, I would eat it. But here in NY I'm happy NOT to have squirrel, or pigeon, or other backyardigans..
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 09:56:02 am »

Actually, Marsha, I don't know that I've had super weird stuff... i have tried alligator....I'm just OPEN to semi-weird stuff if it should present itself.

Not me, I can't eat any meat I consider weird - which really is anything other than the basics. I was vege for 8 years and even **** vegan once for a year - god that was a hard lifestyle - but boy was I healthy - and skinny!!!! But when we moved to the midwest hubby begged me to try the barbaque and that's all she wrote. When I went to Thanksgiving dinner at my nfathers house - think rural country mountain MD/PA area - his wife asked me what I eat and I told her anything but weird meat stuff and explained. Yeah, well, after dinner she made some mention of how there was ground up turkey heart in the stuffing - I almost 
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:14 am »

Offal.

I had to go look that up to see what it is - wish I didn't. Scrapple falls into that category. When I was a kid my mom gave me a scrapple sandwich once and it made me sooooooooo sick - literally.
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 10:18:13 am »

Offal....awful   
Report Spam   Logged
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 10:30:12 am »

Actually, Marsha, I don't know that I've had super weird stuff... i have tried alligator....I'm just OPEN to semi-weird stuff if it should present itself. I had skate wing which sounded exotic but was really just like flounder.    what have you tried, sorry I know the pigeon Might taste good, but, its like, when in rome. If I was in canton and that's what the people ate there, I would eat it. But here in NY I'm happy NOT to have squirrel, or pigeon, or other backyardigans..

WARNING! Not for the squeamish!!!!!!!!!!

Pig’s Feet, Chicken Feet, Chicken Gizzards, Chicken Butt, 1000 year old egg, Duck Tongues , Blood Sausage, Gelled Blood, Ox Tails, Fish Lips, Ceviche, Menudo, Tripe, Chitlins, Cow tongue, Cow Stomach, Fish Eyes, Snake, Snake Venom, Baby Birds, Crickets, Scorpions, Silk Worms, Rice Worms, Bamboo Worms, Grasshoppers, Beetles, Snails, Pigeon, Donkey, Kangaroo, Alligator, Crocodile, Goat, Deer, Bison, Eel, Squid, Octopus, Jellyfish, Frog, Caviar, Green bean and sesame flavored ice cream, Dried shredded squid, Weaver Ant Eggs

When we go back to China we're going to try the birds nest soup, camel, sand worms, horse, balut (in China its called Hou Zhu Zi, but most people know it as balut), sea cucumber and whatever else they toss at us I guess. I'm also ready to try the Kafti at the ethiopian restaurant here (raw meat) and fufu at the nigerian restaurant. The place that served the kangaroo serves ostrich too so we'll go try that soon.

Report Spam   Logged
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 10:37:24 am »

So....some of those are not bad, Marsh. Like Bison, Deer, squid, octopus, those are pretty normal. Ceviche is one of my specialties...one of my favorite foods, southamerican style...

What does scorpion taste like? And where do people eat that? And why?  Shocked

HOW MUCH did the 1000 year old eggg COST?! Thats like antique food!

Tell me, have you been a contestant on fear factor or WHAT?! 
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 10:44:59 am »

Tell me, have you been a contestant on fear factor or WHAT?! 

No kidding!!!! Do eyeballs squirt when you bite into them?
Report Spam   Logged

-Nick Cave
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 10:46:22 am »

I think those are pretty normal too, but you wouldn't believe the amount of people who go OMG you eat SQUID?!  and I'm like uhhh its one of my fave foods?? So I include it.
The 1000 year old eggs arent actually 1000 years old. They aren't bad, but they don't taste much like eggs! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

They have scorpions on a stick at the street vendors in China. They're crunchy. They also had starfish and seahorses. I didn't try those, I should though.

The ceviche I ate was too limey for me, it kept making my mouth pucker. I should try yours!

No fear factor, my fear of heights and spiders would totally do me in!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum