Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 06:04:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

QOTD 4/24

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QOTD 4/24  (Read 729 times)
Lillie
That would be me...
Administrator

Country Bastard

« on: April 23, 2007, 07:01:57 pm »

Ok so it's still the 23rd, but it's getting late, so I'll start this Board off with the Question Of The Day.

What's your favorite television show?  Or, if you don't watch tv, what's your favorite movie?

I have a few shows I watch.  Lost is my favorite, and ranking right up there with it is Jericho.  I also got into Heroes later in the season, glad it's finally back on tonight! 

I'll answer the movie one too.  I'm probably the BIGGEST nerd when it comes to my LOTR trilogy.  I have the extended version box set and have watched them literally hundreds of times.  DH gets sick of it 

I also love stupid humor, like Joe Dirt and Spaceballs.  I guess I'm just immature!   
Report Spam   Logged

Take me as I am, I'm not broken;
Pieces of my life are not tokens.
-Tonic

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:13:12 pm »

I've been very busy the past few years and haven't been doing much of the tv thing. I think I missed the boat on Lost, I think I would LOVE that show but too late now, me missing everything...

When I do watch, I watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report

I DID watch Six Feet Under - all by renting or borrowing the DVDs. Loved it.

I watch Heroes with dh and I have to figure out the VCR tonight b/c he's not home... what the heck I have no idea how to do that. (Yep, we don't have a DVR like the rest of the planet)

USED to love Twin Peaks, I plan on netflixing those soon.
Report Spam   Logged
angel

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »

six feet under is one of my fave shows too.  I have the whole lot on DVD.   
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 07:27:44 pm »

i LOVE heros and decided that it was the best birthday present i could ever have today, i am so happy the new season starts tonight, i cannot WAIT!!!

i also like survivor. i want to go on it and lose that extra 5 pounds i've been trying to lose for the last year LOL.

hmm.... what else... anything else i watch religiously.... hmmmm..... i guess thats it.  If its not coming to mind, couldn't be that important.

oh! sometimes i watch the real world road rules dramas on MTV 
Report Spam   Logged

I am a stranger in a strange land.
angel

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:36:40 pm »

Oh, I'm not sure if it's available overseas, but another fave is Kath N Kim.. 
They're side splittlingly funny!   

Fave movie... there's so many and I work in that industry so I can't possibly choose one...
however my first favourite movie would be Wizard of Oz. 
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:48 pm »

sometimes when I'm home & exercising or folding laundry during the day my guilty pleasure is to watch MTV Sucka Free
 Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
dory
Suburban Rebel
Privileged

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:30 pm »

Lost is my favorite show - I soooo look forward to it every week even though it drives me up a wall with more questions than answers - but I guess that's why I'm addicted.

I also like The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Office and, if I may incriminate myself, My Name is Earl. We Tivo them so we can skip the commercials - which cuts out a boatload of time. I also love The Daily Show and the Colbert Report but I'm usually not up that late anymore and since they are daily shows I don't bother recording cause they'd just pile up.

Movies......hmmmm......so many. I loved Wings of Desire, Ponette, Blue Velvet and The Shining. I'm sure there's more as I love love love movies. Before ds I used to go to the movies 1-2 times a week. I guess it's the escape I like. Oh, I did go see Pans Labryinth a few months ago - wow - that was totally not what I expected.

Funny, my fav TV shows are mostly humorous and my fav movies are real downers.
Report Spam   Logged

I saw my life and wondered what the hell I had been living.
-Nick Cave
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 08:31:58 pm »

I'm so copy/pasting from my myspace page here -

Movies    Stand By Me, Seven Samurai, Donnie Brasco, Friday, Godfather, Goodfellas, Amelie, Amores Perros, Dogma, Heathers, Fiddler on the Roof, Breakfast Club, Monty Python's Holy Grail and Meaning of Life, Shower, Pulp Fiction, Brokeback Mountain, Resevoir Dogs, Chasing Amy, Memento, Life is Beautiful, Like Water for Chocolate, La Vida E Bella

Television   Heroes, Dexter, Lost, Veronica Mars, 24, Sopranos, Deadwood, Seinfeld re-runs, South Park, Weeds (I forgot to add Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race)
Report Spam   Logged
issycat

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:12 pm »

Heroes, Lost, The Office, Battlestar Galactica
Report Spam   Logged
Stewie
Pirate Bastard
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:36:10 pm »

Marsha - AMELIE for me too! And of course the monty python. Have you seen Life of Brian? thats my all time fav - but I think it can really truly be appreciated if you have been to catholic school. The whole Latin conjugation scene KILLS if you have actually taken latin. Which I have.  Cry

Anyone see Billy Elliot? My most all time fave (at the moment) LOVE that movie. See it SEE IT!

Has anyone seen Antwone Fisher? Is that adoption-related? My abro loves that movie, so does his bio bro. Haven't yet seen it.

Report Spam   Logged
angel

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:57 pm »

My brother named his poodle Billy, after Billy Elliot!   

I loved Weeds too!   

I feel that I am suffering from ...... TV ADDICTION!   
Report Spam   Logged

angel x
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 09:39:13 pm »

You're all speaking Greek to me.  Except Marsha.  I like some of those movies - like Breakfast Club, Monty Python's Holy Grail (used to have the lines memorized - lol), Like Water for Chocolate.  I used to watch Star Trek TNG on tv.  Now all I watch is CSI (don't watch tv much).  I'm an independent movie fan - Smoke, A Room with a View, Passionfish, Chocolat, Dorothy Parker and the Vicious Circle, The Piano...  you know, movies nobody else likes. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
joy
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 01:15:35 am »

Keeping Up Appearances for T.V. although I have to rent it,

and Buffalo 66 for movie
Report Spam   Logged
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 07:42:04 am »

I love Life of Brian too. Always look on the briiiiiight side of life *whistle* My parents are catholic, but my grandparents raised me christian (though I turned into this lovely buddhist anyways!) so no catholic school for me.
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 03:38:06 pm »

Did anyone ever see "Demon Seed"?  For some reason, that one really creeped me out.  At the same time, I was fascinated with it - like I'm fascinated with Theresa's old adoption books.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum