Adult Adoptees Advocating for Change
March 28, 2024, 01:12:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS!!!STAY TUNED...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ok, here's another suggestion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, here's another suggestion  (Read 810 times)
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« on: April 22, 2007, 12:35:22 pm »

Another suggestion that won't work as long as there are covetous PAPs walking the Earth...

Adopt a mother, get her child FREE!

Seriously, if people want to have children around and can't make their own, why not help out a young mother?  Give her a place in their home, take care of the baby while she is at work.  Buy all the fun baby clothes and toys...  Wouldn't that be more of a win-win deal?  They could do like a 7 year guardianship contract.  When the kid isn't cute any more, they can both leave.  Replace them with another mother and baby.
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gershom
Privileged

F%$! ADOPTION

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »

THIS is definately a GREAT idea! I have mentioned it to a few adopters, and that is when you truly find out if they're in it for THEMSELVES or for the baby. Or you get the "what about the mothers who don't want to parent" "our child was already abandoned" "we aren't ready to take care of a mother too" blah blah blah  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

I am a stranger in a strange land.
Possum
Cute & Cranky 'lil Bastard
Privileged

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:58:02 pm »

THIS is definately a GREAT idea! I have mentioned it to a few adopters, and that is when you truly find out if they're in it for THEMSELVES or for the baby. Or you get the "what about the mothers who don't want to parent" "our child was already abandoned" "we aren't ready to take care of a mother too" blah blah blah  Angry

BLAH BLAH BLAH indeed Gersh.
I just LOVE the justifications that they can find.
Great idea Julie. It sure would show who was for real about helping and making a real difference in someones life - instead of just their own.
Report Spam   Logged

Poss. xx
Marsha

Cheap Bastard

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:19:02 pm »

If there aren't any other programs like it by the time I get IAA off the ground (or maybe even still cause lord knows there is quite a need), I'm going to start a program to sponsor children in other countries to stay with their parents instead of having to be surrendered to orphanages. Its going on my "**** I swear I'm gonna do if I ever figure out how to successfully run an organization like this without being an idiot" list.
Report Spam   Logged
SoloZolo

Hacking up furballs on Connie Chung & Sharon Stone

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 03:54:46 pm »

BLAH BLAH BLAH indeed Gersh.
I just LOVE the justifications that they can find.
Great idea Julie. It sure would show who was for real about helping and making a real difference in someones life - instead of just their own.

I agree, Possum.  What we would learn (if we don't already know) is that most PAPs or APs are in it to parent children.  Problem is, you never really get to parent other people's children.  "Parenting" isn't just a verb.  In the long run, it involves genetic mirroring and so much more.  Adopted kids never get that (unless their "open adoption" is truly open - which is just a different kind of hell, IMHO).  The opportunity to "parent" is only presented with bio children.  Everything else is a substitute for the original - whether it is the child or parenting or whatever.

When is the world going to figure out that children are simply not that pliable (okay, Petunia is an anomale)?
Report Spam   Logged

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum